Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Just bought Brother PE 770- WinZip ?

Blog Entries
    I just ordered my embroidery machine. I think I need to download WinZip to open the embroidery designs I purchased. Is this correct? And where do I get WinZip?

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure if you need WinZip as I don't have an embroidery machine. But if you do, here is a free downloand:

http://www.winzip.com/downwz.htm

Blog Entries
    Try double clicking on the zipped file. Mine will unzip themselves by doing this :D:D:D

Winzip is to open bigger files. Also try to download Wilcom True Sizer, not sure the exact name, but something like that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amma
    Try double clicking on the zipped file. Mine will unzip themselves by doing this :D:D:D
    If this doesn't work, I can unzip by right clicking on the zipped file and choosing unzip file.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadiemae
    Quote Originally Posted by amma
    If this doesn't work, I can unzip by right clicking on the zipped file and choosing unzip file.
    I hate to be so dense, but I just right clicked on the file on my computer and got the option to "send to Drive E." So, when my embroidery machine arrives, will I send the file to a thumb drive, insert it into my PE 770, and the embroidery machine will open it?

SHaron,
    I think you got it. I thought I needed the unziping drive but it won't work on my computer with windows 7. I ordered a design download and had to call the company to walk me through loading it onto my Brother embroidery machine. I did just what they told me to do which is what your post just said. It worked fine. I purchased the Brother 780D so that I could use all of the software in PES format that I had for my Bernina Deco 650 without using the Magic Box as my new computer won't accomadate it either.
    Good Luck