Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Just finished a baby quilt. . .send it or donate it?

Just finished a baby quilt. . .send it or donate it?

Well, I just finished a baby quilt and I'm not happy with it. I'll take a picture and see if I can figure out how to post it. I changed the pattern a little bit and the corners are all a little different. I like the colors, the workmanship is ok -- it's just not uniform. Do I send it to who it was made for or do I donate it and start over? What would you do?

Blog Entries
    Give it to them. They will love it anyway.

They probably will love it anyway -- I just wish I loved it. Can't get the picture to load. . .been that kind of a day, lol! Guess I'll try and post the picture tomorrow.

I would love to see a picture, bet you it is a great quilt! Don't be so hard on yourself!

Most of the time we are harder on ourselves than others are. I bet it is great and they will love it. A friend of mine makes her grands a quilt and I won't make one for her kids because I don't want her to think I'm trying to show her up. Her quilts are lackadaisical (good word for it) she could care less if her seams meet up.
    Judi in Ohio

I agree...let us see it. I bet it is fine too!!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

99.9% you are the only person to see any "flaws". We are our own worst critics!
    Marie

You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    A smile is something you can't give away; it always comes back to you.

I'd give it to the person you made it for.

Non quilters don't see these flaws, and I've found that imperfect quilts are more likely to be used. Perfect ones get tucked away because 'they were too good to be used' which is not the point of a baby quilt!

I've got one I don't like and it's going to the dogs - literally. I like the fabric and tried using a really cute fleece backing but must have messed up on my basting or something because the quilting turned out terrible. So it'll be a blanket for my dogs.

My photo is a .jpg file but it keeps failing when I try to upload it. Any suggestions?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast