Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Just finished the quilt I have been feeling rushed over..... >

Just finished the quilt I have been feeling rushed over.....

Just finished the quilt I have been feeling rushed over.....

Old 02-04-2009, 08:02 PM

I know some people don't care for their pets sleeping in their beds, but my dogs sleep with me and my DH. Don't worry, I wash sheets and covers A LOT and clean the house every day, lol. :shock:

Anyways a year ago when we bought this house, I bought all new bedding, including a nice new comforter set for the master bedroom. Yep- you guessed it- it could not hold up to the wear and tear of the dogs. (Particulary my doberman boy who likes to cover himself up by flinging the covers around violently.) I started in November or early December on a quilt using basket blocks in colors to match the decor of the bedroom. It seemed like as time stretched on, the more destructed the comforter on the bed got. Well, I dug in my heels today AND GOT THAT THING DONE!! My back hurts, and I am tired, but it is in the washing machine right now. YAY. My husband fell asleep watching tv to the sound on my sewing machine putting the binding on. Oh, and don't be a dummy like me- don't start cursing out the bobbin for making a rat's nest, when you don't notice the machine isn't threaded right. Duh!

My mind is already spinning trying to figure out what to start on next!
Old 02-04-2009, 09:05 PM

So where's the picture??

I have 2 cats that HAVE to sleep with me. One between me and hubby and she tries to push me out of bed. lol
Old 02-04-2009, 09:34 PM

Too tired for pictures tonight. I really didn't think I would get it done.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:40 PM

Congratulations on getting it done! Can't wait to see it!

My EmmaLee is an undercover Doberman too. Used to have three at one time; all on the bed, two under the actual covers. Even with a queen sized bed, (they were why I got it in the first place), space was at a premium. They needed more room than I obviously did. :lol: :roll:
Old 02-05-2009, 12:13 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by camillacamilla
I know some people don't care for their pets sleeping in their beds, but my dogs sleep with me and my DH. Don't worry, I wash sheets and covers A LOT and clean the house every day, lol. :shock:
file that under nunanobody's business. your bed, your dogs, your house. my friends know that if they come to my house to inspect, they'd better bring supplies to "fix" anything they don't approve of. :lol:

congrats on getting your newest quilt done. once the backache wears off, it's all feel-good from here. :P
Old 02-05-2009, 12:30 AM

My little Shih-Tzu sleeps with us too. Don't worry about what anyone else would think about you letting your pets sleep with you. Our pets are just like our kids, they are family. My little Ozzy does not even know he is dog!

Congrats on completing your project. I know its a huge undertaking to complete a very large quilt, but now you can sleep under something you made yourself and it will sleep better than any store bought comforter any day!
Old 02-05-2009, 05:08 AM

Hmmmm pets sleeping with humans........Nope in my house I am allowed to sleep in the 3 cats and 2 dogs bed LOL
The mini doxie says it is so he can curl up in the crook of my knees and keep warm. Good thing they are all small.
Cant wait to see the quilt.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:22 AM
Power Poster

I think more pets sleep in bed with people than the people let on...I know we have 3 cats..and its not a matter of us "letting" them sleep with us, I think its the other way around :roll:

So...where is the pic of this quilt??? Sounds really pretty! Some Aleve will help that back, also the big smile from having completed the quilt!
Old 02-05-2009, 05:52 AM

A job well done- can't wait to see the pics!

Who cares if they sleep with you- you're probably never cold and so are they.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:01 AM
Banned

I have my white dog between us at night, red dog on bottom and cat on my hip. We have a king bed and i swear its getting smaller :?