Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
just got my longarm! need advice please! >

just got my longarm! need advice please!

just got my longarm! need advice please!

Old 06-19-2014, 05:05 AM
Power Poster

I don't have a longarm but have researched them for several years. The best longarmers in my area say a tension gauge is a must have.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:24 AM

I agree with all of the above. I have a hard time remembering things since my 2 rounds of chemo. If it were me, I would get out some ugly fabric, set it up like a real quilt and use the manual to see if I can get thru it. Get as far as I can and then call the store and tell them what I have done so far but I need more help. If I had to, I would even pay for the refresher course. This and practice is the only way you will get it all. Good luck and enjoy yourself.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:25 AM

Thank you all very much for your help! I do have manuals and I read them reliously to change the bobbin, thread my machine, oil it everyday, etc... And my dealer said it would end up being my gammill bible, lol. I do have a great dealer and after a month of practicing I get two more training days in my dealers shop for more detailed training. I've watched literally at least 50 you tube videos by now and they are very helpful. But, as someone said in a post, the machine did cost a lot and I am afraid of breaking it. It's reassuring to hear this may not be as easy as I am thinking. I am actually catching myself listening to the sound of the machine constantly so I can catch wierd noises in case I screw it up, haha.