Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Just got a new Bernina!

A few months ago, I bought a Singer Confidence and was dismayed at it being all plastic! It sewed OK, but started bunching up in the bobbin area. I did all of the trouble-shooting and then thought perhaps the feed dogs were the culprit. When I tried to lower and raise them, they wouldn't work and I couldn't get them to raise back up. I took it to repair man and he told me that he could fix it, but would not recommend quilting on this machine, as it wouldn't last a long time for this. Furthermore, he said he would not recommend lower/raising the feed dogs, as he couldn't guarantee they would raise again.

The reason I bought this machine was to quilt on and learn to free motion quilt on.

They gave me $300 for my machine (which is what I paid for it) on a new Bernina 350PE! I'm so excited and can't believe I finally have a Bernina! I guess I always thought they were out of my reach and I just "settled."

I'm so looking forward to sewing and quilting on it. I'm going to take advantage of the basic class that is offered with the purchase.

This baby is NOT plastic and should last me for a very long time.

I was hoping some of you ladies might have some thoughts on how to utilize it to it's fullest. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Congratulations! You got a terrific deal.

That sounds wonderful! I'm sure you will love it. I don't have a new Bernina but I have an oldie from 1974 and runs beautifully. It's the 830 Record.
    Congratulations!

Any Bernina is a great one in my book. I think of my Bernina as the Harley Davidson's of machines. Enjoy yours.

Congratultions on your Bernina. I have had Berninas for years and wouldn't have anything else. I can only suggestion regular cleaning with a Q-tip, and oiling as well which is true of all machines. A tuneup at the shop occassionally. Enjoy!

congrats!

Lucky you, I have the artista 125 & adore it, but I haven't even used it to its full capacity, you will really enjoy the new toy!

Debs

Blog Entries
    wow, dodged a bullet on the plastic one... to get back what you paid. congrats on your new Bernina

Congrats!

You'll be very happy with your Bernina, I'm sure.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast