Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Just home from Paducha Quilt Show >

Just home from Paducha Quilt Show

Just home from Paducha Quilt Show

Old 04-28-2013, 05:32 PM

Where to stay - I would get my reservations NOW - just pick any nationally known chain of motels that you are familiar with and call them for a reservation. I'm guessing that most motels are in or around Paducah. Get a map and see what is there. My DD says that she knows people who rent out spare bedrooms to quilters - the same ones come year after year.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:50 PM

Sounds like all of you had a lot of fun and found lots of good buys. I hope to go someday for the show. My husband and I are going to Paducah in a couple of weeks just to see the museum, Eleanor Burns shop and Hancocks. Thanks for sharing your fun with us.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:07 PM

When you go to Hancocks of Paducah - go to their back room - kind of hard to find - so if you do not find it - then ask an employee where it is.

Originally Posted by jeanharville View Post
Sounds like all of you had a lot of fun and found lots of good buys. I hope to go someday for the show. My husband and I are going to Paducah in a couple of weeks just to see the museum, Eleanor Burns shop and Hancocks. Thanks for sharing your fun with us.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:36 PM

I would love to go! Just wish it wasn't so far from Texas! I try to go to the International Quilt Show in Houston every year in Nov. It is wonderful, too, but I would still like to go to Paducah.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:49 PM

I talked to a lady in Paducah a few days ago and she said that the Houston show is bigger but she liked the Paducah Show better because the "people were friendlier in Kentucky".

Originally Posted by KathyPhillips View Post
I would love to go! Just wish it wasn't so far from Texas! I try to go to the International Quilt Show in Houston every year in Nov. It is wonderful, too, but I would still like to go to Paducah.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:00 PM

We got back this evening from Paducah. WOW, what a fun filled 3days!! We tried to do as much as possible in the time we had but didn't get to see everything. I forgot my camera and therefore didn't get any pictures. This year was my first time going but I hope to go back again and again!
Old 04-29-2013, 06:18 AM

I was down there the end of March for the first time and they were already gearing up. Hopefully I can attend next year. Am retiring in a couple of months and DH bought an RV. Now I can tell him its another opportunity to use the RV!
Old 04-29-2013, 06:23 PM

I went on a bus trip with my quilt guild. Loved the show - so many beautiful quilts. Our trip included many of the local churches "Quilters' lunches and dinners". We went to the museum and I picked up some great bargains at the store next door - Murray's, I think it was. Hate to say it, but I was kind of disappointed in Hancock's. I was looking forward to the bargain flat folds in the back, but by the time our bus got there (Friday night), those tables were almost empty and very "picked over". Don't get me wrong, if I was picking fabric for a quilt for myself, I would have had a field day in the main store. But I do a lot of charity quilts and was hoping for some fun juvenile prints on the flat fold tables. Overall it was a great trip!