Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Just made some crumbs >

Just made some crumbs

Just made some crumbs

Old 01-14-2014, 01:41 PM

Default Just made some crumbs

..and I think I am hooked......I know most of you have probably done these awhile ago, I am slow on the uptake....went to my "world" with the intention of straightening up a bit......saw this basket of scraps...had just the other day read Bonnie Hunter's story of crumbs....so thought I would try it. The first few were a bit trickier than I first thought, but then it clicked.......so far only 20-4 1/2" squares, but really emptied a good portion of that scrap basket...some left for adding machine stripping ........then I will be hunting for more scrappy pieces to add to my new-purpose scrap basket..... It was fun...sort of mindless, but still sewing and will be cute when done...I hope!
Old 01-14-2014, 05:03 PM

How fun these mindless blocks are! I finished a Crumb Quilt last summer, my blocks finished at 6 1/2 in square. I didn't make a big enough dent in my crumbs tub so am planning another one in the near future. Post some pictures of your progress, I would love to see your blocks.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:10 PM

I must have read the same article and now I want to try and make some crumb squares. Share some pictures, it will help get me started.