Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Just A Question!!!

Blog Entries

Just A Question!!!

I don't want to open a hornet's nest. Just curious. I know it is legal to sell a used book or almost anything you own. You can, also, sell a used pattern as long as it's not a copy. It has to be the original. I know many BOM's and patterns are very expensive. Especially, the ones sold or given with an LQS class such as Stitcher's Garden, Tonga Rhapsody, Thembleberries. Is there a site that sells these used patterns? Ebay only has a few older patterns. I'm sure many of us would be willing to pay a decent price for them. I don't wish to break any laws so If any of my info is incorrect please be lenient with me. Just curious. JUST A QUESTION!!! LOL

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    Good question.... Awaiting an answer from one of our quilt shop owners here on the QB..

Blog Entries
    there are yahoo quilting selling groups
    1-QuiltersFleaMarket
    2-SewItsForSale
    these are just two...you will have to join. Hope this helps

Blog Entries
    Not an expert here , but think if the person is selling the legal copy of the pattern they are ok- when I say legal copy I mean the pattern as the first person purchased it - not photo copies of it .We have had patterns sold here before.
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

Lived in San Diego now retired in Eagar, AZ.
    Blog Entries
    certainly...as long as it's an original...it's just like a 'used book' which are sold everywhere...

i dont know the answer but i bet we will here from the copy write police LOL (you know them i think they are related to the quilt police)
    Nancy

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    You should be just fine selling it. The key thing is that it is the original item you are selling, and not a copy. Since you are not copying, there is no violation involved.

Oh, I should mention... if what you bought was a bootleg copy, don't ever try to sell that!

I think a lot of people don't sell those expensive BOM patterns because they were so expensive. I have seen a few that are just the pattern, no fabric and they still go for $65 and up!

Many people have placed a request of a certain pattern on the buy/sell section of this board and found someone to sell them thiers they no longer need.

Which pattern are you looking for?
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms