Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Sliced My Finger

Just Sliced My Finger

I'm a member of the club now! Does that make me a real quilter? I have spent the day cutting yardage into 5" squares. I was on the very last strip cutting the last five groups of squares and sliced right into my index finger. Not sure if it needs stitches. My daughter is a nurse and is sleeping because she works tonight. I'll check with her.

Guess so!
    When I took my 1st quilting class, the instructor said, "Everyone cuts themselves at least once." I thought, surely not me. Yea, well............

Hope you don't require stitches. Ouch!

Make sure that you wrap it so that the edges of the wound are pressed together. I'm sorry this happened to you!
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

Ouch! So sorry. If your first thought was that you must not bleed on the fabric, then yes, you are a real quilter.

Oh NO, join the club, I needed stitches, still don't have feeling in the top of my finger!! Make sure you haven't cut into the nerve.
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!

So sorry this happened! Just reading about it is making my stomach do flip flops. :-O

Oh I did that too! Did it on New Year's eve afternoon. Now I have a flat spot on the side of my left index finger. No I didn't bleed on the fabric. Heaven forbid! Hope all goes well for you!

Ouch! So sorry! The last time I did that, I didn't get the feeling back in the tip of my finger for about 6 months! My DH decided it was time for me to invest in an Accuquilt Go Cutter. While I still use the rotary cutter every day, I use the Accuquilt every chance I get!
    Enjoy your day,
    Jan

A fat quarter is not a body part!

Oh so sorry to hear about this ..yes you are a real quilter now... I did that a few years ago and it was no fun, it took so long to heal, hope yours goes faster...

Ouch! Do make sure your tetanus shot is up to date. I know they used to say you only had to worry if it's a rusty nail or something, but I recently cut myself on a broken Pyrex dish and my doctor gave me a tetanus shot just to be safe (I was about 15 years out of date).

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast