Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Just......Thank you for being here! >

Just......Thank you for being here!

Just......Thank you for being here!

Old 04-06-2014, 12:26 PM

So well said! The Quilting Board and members are my "comfort" zone! Everyone has so much to share and are always so willing to cry or laugh with you. It's a wonderful place.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:32 PM

I was looking at a note book with notes I made when I first got on this board. LOL to myself, and said Why did I write that down? I have come along way with the help of all of you.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:01 PM

I feel the same gratitude as all the previous ones who have posted. I have only been a member since November but I feel I have gained so much knowledge and skills as well as confidence in this short time, and I know my finished products are improving with each project. Thanks to everyone who participates in this Board!
Old 04-06-2014, 01:15 PM

It is great to have others that understand our particular addiction.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:28 PM

I get a lot from this board too.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:33 PM

I agree. I have been a member of many quilting lists over the years, but this is the only one I've truly "bonded" with. It's because everyone is so helpful. In addition, people seem to understand the opinion/belly button connection (as in everyone has one) and we can share our ideas with full support even when the opinion is different.

Glad I'm here.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:39 PM

I will add my thanks for all the support and encouragement I get from all of you. There are some really knowledgeable people on here and wonderful ideas. Just this past week I learned a few tricks and things to make my quilting easier but also save some money. This is just a great place to come every day.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:20 PM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

It's funny how many quilters do NOT know about this board. I was taking a class on Buggy Barn quilts & I asked all the women if any of them belonged to The Quilting Board. Not a one. And no one knew who Jenny Doan was or Ricky Tims or Alex Alexander. I was shocked. I thought every quilter would check online & find a quilting forum to belong. And Ricky Tims & Alex have their magazine - you'd think at least one person would know about them. I'm just grateful I found this forum. I've seen other forums, but they don't compare to this site at all.

We have very knowledgeable people here & very compassionate people here. I need that to learn more about quilting & to commiserate with me when I'm down. Not one person wrote down the name of this site, either. They weren't interested. Funny to me. If someone mentioned something about quilting in a class & I could learn more, I'd have my pencil out & be writing as fast as I could. I guess we are all different.

But all of us on this forum have something in common - we love to chat with fellow quilters, love to learn new things, enjoy looking at pictures of others quilts, be able to ask any question (even if we think it's dumb), & have quilting friends. I have a great friend here on the board that writes me a pm every single day now for almost 2 years. The Quilting Board is a necessity for me. And probably all of you, also.

Last edited by jcrow; 04-06-2014 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:55 PM

I consider this my quilting guild. I'm a solitary sort, but this board helps me interact with people who really love quilting. I can do it on my own schedule without having to go anywhere or meet with a large group--I'm very thankful for the opportunities the Board offers.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:04 PM
Power Poster

I make notes from information I see on the QB. I consider the board my go to for all kinds of information and an extension of friends whom I may have never met but there is always someone from the board who lives near (within 100 miles)of a personal friend or relative. I'm not a joiner so to speak but I like the fact I can choose whether or not to participate that day or minute. Absolutely no "Quilt Police".