Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Just thinking or dreaming

Just thinking or dreaming

http://www.brother-usa.com/HomeSewin...idery-machine/

I have never used an embroidery machine. Those who have, what do you think? Too simple?
    Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.

I love my Brother Ellure plus sewing/embroidery machine!! It takes a while to get the hang of it but then I didn't take any classes to learn. But I have never regretted that purchase and enjoy using it to embellish clothes or to make themed quit tops. I would say go for it if you have the chance.
    Debbie in Lodi

I have a Janome 9000 embroidery machine and don't use that feature all that much. However, lots of people here do make quilts with lots of motifs embroidered on them. Went to a quilt show recently where the featured quilter did some awesome work with that kind of thing. This machine on your link only hase a 4x4" hoop, though. If it doesn't do anything larger, I'd hold out for a bigger capacity if I were buying again. I use mine to quilt as well, but small hoop has to be moved so many times, I only use it on very small hangings.
    "The business of life is making memories. In the end, it is all we have." Butler Charlie Carson, Downton Abbey, season 4, episode 3, PBS.

Blog Entries
    My mom and I share a simple brother embroidery machine. (4 x 6" hoop). It's great for small size projects or small quilt as you go projects. My mother picked it up as a trade in machine at a very reduced price. And we do have fun on it, but, when it goes, we will let it go. We just don't use it enough. It's quirky. Thank god the manual is excellent. It just isn't in our budget to get a really nice one. So, we'll just enjoy what we have for now. Good luck to you. I hope you get lots of helpful feed back.
    My avatar is my first grandbaby!! Brantley 10-2-12
    **QB Monthly Bee Block Swap Theme (5-27-14)*
    **NEW** Trees, Think Fantasy, Think Enchanted, Think fairys and woodland animals. Think brighter fabrics. (Nothing pale or muted.) **TREES** Any kind of block, pieced, embroidery, or applique, your choice.

for this machine and what it features, that's a great price! as the others have stated, you might find the 4"x4" hoop somewhat limiting...
    Liz / Calgary

I have a Brother 350. It does embroidery & regular sewing. I mostly use it for embroidery and that is what I got it for. It may as well be embroidery only. I have other machines I use for sewing/piecing/quilting. The price on the 500 is better. Brother has another 'embroidery only' machine that does a larger design, but the cost is twice as much. I would have concidered this one if it was available when I got mine.

They can be lots of fun to use but it makes it easier to buy from a dealer and take classes. You can get as hooked on embroidery as quilting.
    Heather

I have the Babylock Ellure Plus and love it. It is very user friendly. I would recommend that you purchase a machine that has a usb hook up to your computer. There are a multiple sites that offer free designs. You can do so much with these machines. They are not just for decorating towel. I just did a little denim jumper and jacket with Snow White and the 7 dwarfs for my gd. I am just completing a quilt for her with love bugs embroidered around the borders.

When I first started using my machine I used my 4" hoop and put designs on the pockets of shirts, small towels, etc. Then I moved up to the medium hoop and now I seldom use anything but my largest hoop. I really couldn't advise anyone to buy a machine that only had a s mall hoop as you will outgrow it quickly.

go with a bigger hoop size 4x4 is limited

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast