Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Just thinking. (how I look at quilt) >

Just thinking. (how I look at quilt)

Just thinking. (how I look at quilt)

Old 10-03-2013, 05:59 AM

Default Just thinking. (how I look at quilt)

I have see some very lovely quilt . Now when I see this first look at all of it. Then brake it down. There are quilts with so small detail that look just lovely but I would not wont to cut all those little thing out.
Just look to me that it to mush time.
I need to work on this. May be it I'm still to new at this. I just did a quilt that took me a month to sew. I used all my strips big small fat thin when I got done (I thought to my self man never again) to me that took to long. Why am I like that I love to put them all to gather and see the block. I do love to work on it so why do I not even wont to give it a try
Just being lazy . HAVE TO WORK ON THIS>
Old 10-03-2013, 07:07 AM

I am the same way. I've decided that I'm going to have two projects ongoing: one will be challenging that I can work on in short sessions, the other will be easier with more immediate satisfaction. I figure I'll go through several quicker projects before I finish the harder one, but this way I can stretch myself without overloading myself and getting frustrated. I also have decided that I won't set deadlines--that is what makes me anxious--this is supposed to be fun!
Old 10-03-2013, 07:22 AM

I don't want it to be so tedious that I lose the drive to complete - but on the other hand, I find myself moving away from anything that is too simple, so I keep my eye out for patterns that will push me a little - but not too much at once.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:22 AM

Some of the quilts I look at really look like they have a lot of detail but with all of the strip sewing that is cut using different tools really make it easy. I purchased a pattern yesterday that looks like it is the hardest thing in the world to do but when I read through the directions it really isn't. A lot of times you can find a tutorial on line that will make it simple.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:29 AM

I understand where you're coming from, and for me, the June Tailor shape cut ruler is one of the best things designed, since sliced bread. Here is a link:http://store.junetailor.com/store/p-...cut-ruler.aspx, please try it, you'll like it.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:52 AM

I agree with Pocoellie. I love,love,love my shape cutter. Bite the bullet and put out the bucks. It's very worth it.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:07 AM

I like to look at those intricate quilts but would never make one. They just don't get my juices going to create one. But they are eye candy for me. I much prefer simple quilting styles and patterns so that's what I prefer to make because then I will actually complete it.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:05 AM
Power Poster

I love big easy blocks and shortcut methods. I've made many of the classic quilt patterns and it's like been there done that now move on. I made one Bonnie Hunter and one Judy Martin scrap quilt. I was so bored sewing the many pieced blocks I didn't want to finish.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:46 AM

I agree. Sometimes, I just want to sew and sew, not really having to think about what I am sewing. Other times, I want a real puzzle to put together. That's why I have several projects ongoing at the same time. It all depends on the mood of the day.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:57 AM

I'm with AngeliaNR - I do the same thing. Complex project paired with simpler projects, and NO deadlines!

I'm starting to really love foundation-pieced crazy quilts as both a frustration-buster and a scrap-buster! I feel like I'm doing good by salvaging even the tiniest and weirdest-shaped bits of fabrics, and I LOVE the chaotic quilt that is the end result.