Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Just wanted you to know about good service. >

Just wanted you to know about good service.

Just wanted you to know about good service.

Old 12-09-2015, 03:14 AM

Default Just wanted you to know about good service.

Yesterday, my January 2016 Fons & Porter "Love of Quilting" magazine arrived in the mailbox. The first 14 pages were torn and 1/2 of them were eaten by the postal mechanical machinery. It looked like a shark had eaten 1/2 to 3/4 of the the pages. I called the number in the magazine. Got a great gentleman who took my name and address and is sending me another magazine in the next 10 days. Now, that is great service. But you wouldn't believe what it looked like.
Old 12-09-2015, 03:26 AM

Congratulations on such excellent service.
Old 12-09-2015, 03:57 AM
Power Poster

I have had things eaten by the USPS. That is nice that F&P has excellent customer service especially these days.
Old 12-09-2015, 04:00 AM

I've had mail arrive in deplorable condition, too, but my post office will put it in a plastic bag with a note saying it arrived at their station that way. Not that I would be happy with most of the magazine missing!

But I'm glad you're getting another copy -- hope it arrives complete!
Old 12-11-2015, 04:10 AM

I'm glad you had a nice experience and that you will get a fresh copy of the magazine.
Old 12-11-2015, 06:52 AM

It is always disappointing to receive mangled mail, and magazines/catalogs seem to be most vulnerable. But so glad you are getting it replaced.
Old 12-11-2015, 09:05 AM

You could post a picture of both the eaten copy and the new one when it comes -- too bad the magazine has to "eat" the cost when USPS is at fault!
Old 12-11-2015, 05:35 PM

Definitely good customer service. I wish the magazine companies would all send them in the plastic wrap. It would reduce how many get eaten.
Old 12-11-2015, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by caspharm View Post
Definitely good customer service. I wish the magazine companies would all send them in the plastic wrap. It would reduce how many get eaten.
How unusual. My "Love of Quilting always came in a sealed plastic bag. Maybe because most of the east coast still think things are delivered by stagecoaches in Oregon? Lol!
Old 12-12-2015, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
How unusual. My "Love of Quilting always came in a sealed plastic bag. Maybe because most of the east coast still think things are delivered by stagecoaches in Oregon? Lol!
I wish it was that. However, it is probably a cost-cutting measure. The publishers probably figure replacing a few "eaten" magazines is cheaper than the machinery costs for the plastic wrap. My DH and I get several other magazines that are not wrapped (AAA magazine and several association magazines) and have arrived with damage (usually not bad, but there).

On the other hand, I have noticed more wrapped magazines with bonus items (especially the foreign ones) in the stores these days.