Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Just wondering...

how do you all get those great "signatures"? As long as I've been doing computer stuff I should know but I don't.

I tried doing that once and it wouldn't work. I will be interested in seeing how they all manage to do that.

Blog Entries
    I did it too but my signature won't show up. The "link" does show up under my postings. :(

Blog Entries
    you can do it at this site. be prepared to spend some time doing it. and in the end, choose the BB/bulletin board code. when i got my code, i put it in my profile here. but, so i didn't have to do it over, i also emailed it to myself for future reference

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanamoms
    I did it too but my signature won't show up. The "link" does show up under my postings. :(
    yours is not displaying properly because you don't have the BB code. that code starts and ends with [img] or something close to that

Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by valsma
    I tried doing that once and it wouldn't work. I will be interested in seeing how they all manage to do that.

I found this http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-150352-1.htm Haven't tried it yet, but it seems pretty complete - including how to get the BB-style format for the sig block.

Hmm, the page has changed since then, I think. Try this:

Go to http://www.mylivesignature.com. Click on the wizard, and create your signature. When done, scroll down a bit to find the link that says "Want to use this signature?" The next screen asks if you want HTML or BB code - pick BB, follow the steps, and eventually you'll get your sig block code.

Lookee - it worked!! :) And it's retroactive - all my sigs got updated magically, not just new posts.

Thank you!