Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaye England Drop Dead Gorgeous Pattern!

Kaye England Drop Dead Gorgeous Pattern!

Go to Kaye England's website and look at the Hunter's Star Pattern. Probably the prettiest one I've seen. However, the description said two of her rulers are Required to make the quilt. I already have so many rulers that I hate to buy two more. But, the quilt pattern sure is pretty! Do any of you know of a Hunter's Star pattern that is this pretty?

http://www.kayeengland.com/detail.aspx?ID=1105

Blog Entries
    I have this book, and the quilts in it are gorgeous too:
    http://www.amazon.com/Hunter-Star-Qu...dp/1571202102/

Don't buy the rulers!!!!! Sellers are in the business of selling their stuff. They say that they are REQUIRED so you will buy them, but you can figure this out with a couple of test blocks. Get the pattern if you like - or get one off of the internet. I'm sure there must be one available. Or draw it out on graph paper yourself. The pattern is the same pattern it's been forever. It's the colors that you adore. Copying someone else's colors show that you appreciate their color sense. There is no copyright on that. You will be proud of yourself for doing so. And saving some $$$ for fabric!

I forgot to mention - they want you to buy a 4" square ruler. You have one of those - right? And a 4x 14" rectangle. I'll bet you could figure that out from the 6x24 you've got lying around. Do not be intimidated! Note that the rulers and patterns do not come as a set - for good reason!

Blog Entries
    You can find a paper pieced one on QuiltersCache. Wish I had known that before I bought Deb Tuckers rulers. Her rulers were fine but I could have saved a lot of money if I had paper pieced it and I think I would have been more accurate. Cwessel47 is correct, they all look alike it's the colors used that make the quilt!
    Bernie

beautiful quilt in the link.she has a 250.00 ruler set on sale for 200.00---wow to spend that much at 1 time on rulers is hard to fathom.I have a lot of rulers but 1-2 at a time is how I accumulated so many-some are seldom used.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

I wouldn't buy the rulers either - since they all say "cut for the cure", i wonder how much of the money gets donated to the susan g komen foundation.....

btw - pretty quilt!!
    my name is becca and i'm a quilt-a-holic :-)

Blog Entries
    Here's a tutorial right on this board.
    Hunter's Star
    she did use a triangular ruler, but one of the 'common' ones, not one designed specifically for this purpose.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I, stupidly, bought a few of her rulers, thinking I just had to have them and couldn't live without them. Well, that was 6 months ago and I haven't used them yet. Matter of fact, when I got around to straightening out my rulers, I found some doubles of them and sent them to a gal here. But, if all fairness, I haven't made the Hunter's Star yet. Who knows, I might just make it and love the rulers?
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

That is not a normal Hunter's Star pattern. It has some extra pieces in it but I still think it could be figured out easily enough. The prettiest Hunter's Star quilts I have seen use various shades of blue & purple. I have a traditional 2 color blue & white top in my UFO pile that I paper pieced several years ago. It is king sized and by the time I got it that large--I was very sick of blue & white and the entire house had to be vacuumed to get all the paper scraps--lol!
    Beverly

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast