Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Keepsake Quilt kits--question about the pre-cut applique

Senior Member quiltingshorttimer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Keepsake Quilt kits--question about the pre-cut applique

I'm drooling over some of the Keepsake Quilting kits and thinking about buying one with pre-cut fusible applique pieces--does anyone know if the fusible is done so that it can be needle-turned?

I've never seen fusible needle turned unless it was interfacing, I'm sure this covers the whole piece which would make it hard to turn.

I believe they're intended to be fused raw edge appliqué, not needle turn...otherwise they wouldn't have fusible on them. You can always call and ask them. Their phone people will know or they'll find out and call you back. They're good like that.
    The Earth without art is just "Eh".

Senior Member quiltingshorttimer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I believe they're intended to be fused raw edge appliqué, not needle turn...otherwise they wouldn't have fusible on them. You can always call and ask them. Their phone people will know or they'll find out and call you back. They're good like that.
    Yeah, I'm thinking you are both right on this. I may give them a call to check. I like the look of needle turned but not a great cutter--may look a the kits that are pre-cut but not fusible, too. Thanks!

I also have my eye on a few of their kits too. I love the ones by Edyta Sitar.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!