Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Keepsake Quilting Services????? >

Keepsake Quilting Services?????

Keepsake Quilting Services?????

Old 09-04-2014, 08:56 AM

Default Keepsake Quilting Services?????

Did anyone else get an email this morning about Keepsake Quilting Services? I wanted to look it over and evidently deleted it from my mail. If you did, could you post the site of where they have their pricing, I can't find it on the internet anywhere yet. Thank you.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:03 AM

Here's the link (hopefully). I read it this morning and started a thread inquiring about the batting.

http://www.keepsakequilting.com/land...&rid=247556558

hugs,
Charlotte
Old 09-04-2014, 09:07 AM

Thank you - that is it. Appreciate your help.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:25 AM
Power Poster

Funny, they give a price for thread (per bobbin change) but don't indicate whether the batting is included in the price-per-square-inch. And Keepsake doesn't appear to sell that brand of batting. And unless you have the link, you can't find the information on the web site. I guess not everything has been updated yet.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:54 AM

You're very welcome.

Dunster, I think I saw the batting in the store. They toss their batting into this circular bin (like a waste can), so it's disorganized, but I remember the mountain picture. As to the longarm services, I did see a notice about their becoming dealers for APQS machines earlier this year. Maybe sales weren't enough to justify the huge space it takes up in the shop (you have to limbo around it), and they decided to go another direction.

Things have changed in the store a lot in the past 10 years. Every time I go in, there seems to be different people working. To me, the older crew were more helpful and seemed more invested in the success of the shop.

Hugs,
Charlotte
Old 09-04-2014, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
Funny, they give a price for thread (per bobbin change) but don't indicate whether the batting is included in the price-per-square-inch. And Keepsake doesn't appear to sell that brand of batting. And unless you have the link, you can't find the information on the web site. I guess not everything has been updated yet.
According to their web site, the price does not include the batting or the thread.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:33 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by winia View Post
According to their web site, the price does not include the batting or the thread.
I didn't see the comment about not including batting when I looked, but I see it is there. Prices seem kind of high to me, especially if you also have to pay shipping both ways.

Charlotte, I don't live near the store - wish I did - but I searched for that batting on the web site and didn't find it. Obviously this is a new venture for them, and hopefully they will work it out. If there's only one machine, I wonder how they can give lessons, rent it out, do customer quilts and still promise 2-week turn-around, all in what you say is a limited space. I sure enjoy reading their catalogs though.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:12 PM

The store itself is good-sized, but the LA is sitting in an awkward place in the adjoining outlet room (picture on the link above). I'll bet they'll remove it to another area (there's an upstairs) if they're going to be using it, rather than displaying it as a sample item. I had never seen a LA closeup, so its size was really impressive!

hugs,
Charlotte
Old 09-04-2014, 12:31 PM

The price seems high for pantograph work.

As stated by an earlier post , I think they have lost their way.. a bit . I visited the store and thought the staff was cold and very impersonal. I made mention at the cutting counter that it had been a life long quest to get to their shop.....not a single response other than "oh". Very few people were in the store and no one else was at the cutting counter so ... I left feeling "What's up with that?".
Old 09-04-2014, 12:37 PM

Well I am not sure about other areas, but in our area the charge for pantographs is .015 to .02 so their charge seems a little high to me especially since you are going to have to ship it.