Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: kenmore ultra stitch 8

You can still hear it if you run it with no needle. If you run it really slow you don't hear it. As soon as you speed up its loud. He is sitting here beside me right now tearingit apart.
    Judy in Ohio

Wow, and it is comming from the bobbin area. Well I would think that is at least a good sign. Not the little motor. Hope someone else maybe can help you! Let us know what the result is! If you still can't figure it out tomorrow I will call a shop I go to and see if they have any ideas.

He has torn it all apart and can't figure it out. He says its not the motor. It is in the bobbin area but he can't figure out what is doing it. It seems like a great machine except for the noise. I only paid $15 for it so I guess I'll just sew with it until it quits. lol
    Judy in Ohio

I can bet it's the needle hitting the bobbin case. You might have the needle in the wrong way. It happened to me.

Judy..may be..just may be , it needs to be oiled somewhere there ????

Blog Entries
    it may also be just "the nature of the beast".

i bought a professionally remanufactured white last year. they're supposed to be a really good brand. heard lots of good things about them. it's gathering dust. it has 3 really annoying quirks - the worst of which is that it sounds like a tank. i'd have to wear ear plugs to use it.

a friend of mine has a brother. also as loud as a freight train.

My point being ... the noise may not indicate a malfunction. your machine may just be a loudmouth. :roll: if your husband figures out how to fix yours, please let us know. i'd love to know how to muffle my white.

Hello everybody,
    He has oiled everything. He tore it completely apart. He loves to tear things apart and fix them. lol Its not the needle because even with no needle its loud.
    I love the suggestions.
    Judy in Ohio

Change the needle and make sure you put it in the right way. Check the manual and the size of needle for the fabric you are using. Please don't use cheap thread or cheap needles just not woth it Andrea

Hello Andrea,
    It makes the noise even if you run it with no needle in it.
    Judy in Ohio

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2