Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: King pillowcase--cut fabric what size?

Blog Entries
    I know that king size pillowcases are approx. 21x 40 finished

All the tutes I've seen only give measurements for standard pillowcases and they cut the fabric at 27" for a finished 21" x 30"

Can anyone tell me how much fabric I'll need to cut for the large section of a king size pillowcase?
    (I know the contrast and cuff measurements will be the same as the standard).

I should be able to figure this out but I only have limited matching fabric left and I can't afford to goof.
    Thanks

I would just take an old one you might have and use that as your pattern.

Blog Entries
    [quote=earlylace]I would just take an old one you might have and use that as your pattern.
    ------------------------------------------
    I agree, do take the old one...BUT FIRST of all, retry it on the king pillow. The ones I have are not cheapies, but I get mad every time I have to change them, simply because the manufacturers are too darn cheap to use 1 inch more fabric on them. I HATE them.

I am going to buy a king flat sheet and make me some that I don't have to fuss and fume about when merely changing the pillow cases.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by earlylace
    I would just take an old one you might have and use that as your pattern.
    That would be so easy! But unfortunately I don't have any. They're for someone else.

Blog Entries
    I googled and found this link for you

http://www.craftandfabriclinks.com/p...ses/cases.html

Craftybear

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysQuilting
    I know that king size pillowcases are approx. 21x 40 finished

All the tutes I've seen only give measurements for standard pillowcases and they cut the fabric at 27" for a finished 21" x 30"

Can anyone tell me how much fabric I'll need to cut for the large section of a king size pillowcase?
    (I know the contrast and cuff measurements will be the same as the standard).

I should be able to figure this out but I only have limited matching fabric left and I can't afford to goof.
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Craftybear--
    You're amazing.
    I googled before I posted but somehow didn't find this site with the king size cutting directions.
    Thanks!

Edited--- I just noticed that this tute makes pillowcases with just one fabric. But to make them with 3 fabrics I can subtract 2" for contrast band, and 9" for the hem equals 35" cut main fabric. (Just for future reference for me or anyone else.)
    Thanks again.

Measurements of my FINISHED King is 20X34 (you will need at least 40 X 34 inches of fabric) from end to beginning of the cuff. You will need to add your seam allowance. If you are doing french seams add between 3/4 to 1 inch if serging add at least 1/2 inch to the to both measurements.

Does this give you an estimate?

Was posting the same time as crafty...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteQuilts
    Measurements of my FINISHED King is 20X34 (you will need at least 40 X 34 inches of fabric) from end to beginning of the cuff. You will need to add your seam allowance. If you are doing french seams add between 3/4 to 1 inch if serging add at least 1/2 inch to the to both measurements.

Does this give you an estimate?

Was posting the same time as crafty...
    Yes and I'm glad you mentioned french seams. I will do that and add 1".

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the great link :D:D:D