Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: King Tut Thread ?????? do you use it ?????

Red face King Tut Thread ?????? do you use it ?????

I have a set down Tin Lizzie....King Tut is the thread they said would work best..
    However I am having a hard time finding it within 150 miles from where I live....I have triede to order on line and have a problem getting my complete order to go thru....could someone help me by telling me where the best place to order it from....Thanks soooo much......Kay
    Buzzy Bee

Try ordering from Superior Threads http://www.superiorthreads.com/ They are very good.

You could always call them if the computer is a problem.
    ​Quilt Police . . . Stay away from my door

It's great thread!! A little heavier than I usually use, but when I want the quilting to show well I use it. Someone from ST is here on the board, hopefully they'll see this post and contact you.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Blog Entries
    I only use King Tut for the top and SoFine for the bobbin on my Tin Lizzie. Keep thinking I'll get brave and use some fancy thread. I also have to order it and ordered the charts with thread colors. They were definitely worth the cost.
    Quilting in the Desert

Google King Tut Thread and you can find a number of places to buy it. Superior will sell it for $25+ per cone, but I usually pay about $18. You can use it in the bobbin as well, but I've found that Bottom Line (also from Superior) does very well in the bobbin. Bottom Line is a thinner thread, so you get a lot more on the bobbin and it lasts longer. I have used cheaper threads, but I always end up coming back to King Tut. A lot of LA quilters also use Signature threads and really like them. They are a bit less expensive. I started out with black and white and the basic neutrals then just ordered as needed. If you have a business license you can buy wholesale and get better prices. Sew Thankful has good prices on King Tut.

Go to superior threads.com. I belong to the thread of the month club with them. Fast, easy & the site is VERY helpful.

I buy my King Tut from sewthankful.com. She has a decent inventory and competitive pricing.

Love King Tut, you can find it cheaper than the Superior Threads website.

Quote Originally Posted by DebraK View Post
    I buy my King Tut from sewthankful.com. She has a decent inventory and competitive pricing.

I've bought King Tut thread and a bunch of other stuff from sewthankful.com. She also has fast shipping. If you sign up for her newsletter you get weekly coupons.

Suzy

I love King Tut thread. I always order it from superior thread. Shipping is really fast!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast