Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kings Men Quilting Supply

Blog Entries
    Has anyone ever used this place? They have Hobbs 80/20 batting in king size for $17; the cheapest I've seen before that was on Amazon for $26.
    http://www.kmquiltingsupply.com/Default.asp

MTS
    Banned
    Never heard of them before but it looks like their online shop caters mostly to long armers.
    So I wouldn't have had a reason to stumble across them.

Seems like a great price for the batting.
    The only thing I'd say is their very minimum shipping charge is very high (for a <$10 order).
    But it doesn't look like there is much under $10, so....after that, the rates seem better.

I usually use W&N but I could be convinced to try out Hobbs 80/20 at those prices. ;-)

Thanks for posting.

looks like a good sight to bad shipping to
    canada is so expensive.

I have used Kingsmen for several years and have never been disappointed in their service or prices. I longarm so I buy Hobbs 80/20 by the roll and get lots of other longarm supplies at very good prices.

MTS
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by greensleeves
    I have used Kingsmen for several years and have never been disappointed in their service or prices. I longarm so I buy Hobbs 80/20 by the roll and get lots of other longarm supplies at very good prices.
    Good to know.
    So may I ask you this - do you happen to have a link to a quilt you did with the Hobbs 80/20?

As I wrote upthread, I like the W&N, and I know I DON'T like the look of the Hobbs Poly.

I was wondering what it looked like - mostly concerned about the poof factor.

Thanks for you help.

And sorry for hijacking the thread. :mrgreen:

This was just posted http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-152177-1.htm#4181319

If you look at the yellow quilt (3rd pic), that's the kind of quilting I love on my quilts - not heirloom but dense with swirls and spirals and NO feathers. ;-)

How would that look with the 80/20?

Thanks for your help.

I have bought thread from them and their service is great. I would not hesitate to order batting from them and I may do so soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MTS
    Quote Originally Posted by greensleeves
    Good to know.
    So may I ask you this - do you happen to have a link to a quilt you did with the Hobbs 80/20?

As I wrote upthread, I like the W&N, and I know I DON'T like the look of the Hobbs Poly.

I was wondering what it looked like - mostly concerned about the poof factor.

Thanks for you help.

This was just posted http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-152177-1.htm#4181319

If you look at the yellow quilt (3rd pic), that's the kind of quilting I love on my quilts - not heirloom but dense with swirls and spirals and NO feathers. ;-)

How would that look with the 80/20?

Thanks for your help.

This isn't the Hobbs polydown, it's 80/20--80% cotton, 20% poly. It's very similar to warm and natural, but I like it a bit better--I think--I not that experienced. I think it's slightly thicker than W&N, but not puffy.

MTS
    Banned
    I know it's not the Poly - I just wanted to make clear how much I really don't like that look at all. Personally. So I wouldn't want anything similar to it.

Sounds like it's not going to be much different -poof wise- from W&N then, right?
    Thicker is ok, I don't mind that.

I think I'm going to order some packages to try out. That price is incredible.
    Thanks!

Been using Kingsman for years--thread, pantos and other long arm gizmos. They provide fast and excellent service. Not touching the batting issue. YES I am a feather lady when it is appropriate for the quilt.

Blog Entries
    Yes, I bought 6 queen size. Have already used two of them. Great prices.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast