Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Kitchen curtains

doesn anyone know where I can get a pattern for kitchen curtains pretty reasonable. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thank you
    sandy

what style do u want? I have never made curtains with a pattern.... I just start in....

Blog Entries
    Some re-sale/thrift shops have patterns .... McCall, Butterick, Simplicity, etc.
    or if you are fairly good at math, just measure window you want to cover,
    buy needed fabric, hem at top and bottom, and you have curtains. Very
    easy.

McCalls patterns can be bought online and they are cheaper than getting them in the store.

I thought about just measureing and cutting what I need with hem and whatever but afraid to start...I dont need anything fancy just something different....I am not all that good at sewing stuff like that but am willing to try though. thanks for the replies.
    sandy

You need 1 1/2 times the width of the window total. Measurement X 1.5 divided by 2 and add an inch for side hems. For the length measurement plus 4 inches for bottom hem and 4 inches for top hem and header. The header is the little bit that sticks above the curtain rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
    You need 1 1/2 times the width of the window total. Measurement X 1.5 divided by 2 and add an inch for side hems. For the length measurement plus 4 inches for bottom hem and 4 inches for top hem and header. The header is the little bit that sticks above the curtain rod.
    Yes, like this. It works great. I did curtains for my son's room like that and added a valance on top of it. I love how it looks.

suggestion, I just took my old ones down and used them for my pattern and made new ones! I will look for a pic. sorry about the bad pic I just took it, sun shining in!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

i think fullness depends on what you like...I like full curtains and generally go at least 2 - 2 1/2 times the width of the window depending on the heaviness of the fabric.

I get patterns when they are on sale at Joann's for either .99 cents or $1.99. Simplicity Patterns are on sale today through the 13th, 5 for $5.00. The curtian patterns are in the back of the catalog.