Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Know anything about a Ken Quilt Royal XVI? >

Know anything about a Ken Quilt Royal XVI?

Know anything about a Ken Quilt Royal XVI?

Old 06-26-2012, 12:08 PM

Default Know anything about a Ken Quilt Royal XVI?

I'm aware of a local auction that has a Royal KenQuilt XVI as part of the items to be sold. I'm not really in the market for a long arm, but might be if the price is right! I've googled it and come to the the Nolting website, but don't find this particular model. I'm assuming it is older. KNow that the owner was asking $5000 for it about a month ago and got no takers, so have no idea what it might go for in auction. Let me know if you know anything about this model,have used one, etc. Did Nolting buy up KenQuilt? I'm re-doing my sewing room to make more space, so don't want to miss a great opportunity! Thanks!
Old 06-26-2012, 01:26 PM

Sorry can't help you I just happen to see this and thought it might of. Been a KEN quilt lol like a barbie and ken
Old 06-26-2012, 02:04 PM

http://www.allbrands.com/products/33...g-machine-3400

Is this the auction? http://kansasauctions.net/griffin/07/07.php
Old 06-27-2012, 07:20 AM

go to kenquilt.com. They are wonderful to work with. I bought a really old small Ken machine from a lady that was in pieces several years back. The company was nice enough to send me a video of the machine. I have since used and sold the machine but still order pantos, thread and bobbins from them for my new BabyLock. The company is fast and courteous. Give them a call and they are happy to talk to you and advise you on your purchase...

Diannia
Old 06-27-2012, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by stitchingpost View Post
Sorry can't help you I just happen to see this and thought it might of. Been a KEN quilt lol like a barbie and ken
I thought the same thing . . . and wondered WHY anyone would want to make one!
Old 06-27-2012, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer View Post
I'm aware of a local auction that has a Royal KenQuilt XVI as part of the items to be sold. I'm not really in the market for a long arm, but might be if the price is right! I've googled it and come to the the Nolting website, but don't find this particular model. I'm assuming it is older. KNow that the owner was asking $5000 for it about a month ago and got no takers, so have no idea what it might go for in auction. Let me know if you know anything about this model,have used one, etc. Did Nolting buy up KenQuilt? I'm re-doing my sewing room to make more space, so don't want to miss a great opportunity! Thanks!
I was at the KenQuilt store in Feb. They have a small company outside of Wichita, Kansas. There was nothing to indicate they were selling out. But that has been several months. I went to their web. Their
phone # is 1-866-784-5872. You could call and ask the what the price of a used one should be.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:54 AM

This is taken directly from the KenQuilt web site and states that Compuquilter has taken over the manufacturing & warranty:
[h=1]"Kenquilt Update - January 1, 2012[/h] KenQuilt Manufacturing and Supply is getting a new look!
Some of you may have heard or read that CompuQuilter has taken over only the manufacturing and warranty work of the KenQuilt machines...this is true.
We wanted you to let you know that we appreciate your loyalty and during the next few months, the supply side of KenQuilt will be transitioning over to a new website. This will be a change in name only, since we will continue to provide you the same great products from our current website, just under a different name. Bottom line, we're not going anywhere! In fact, we've got some exciting things planned, so stay tuned!"
Old 07-04-2012, 09:18 AM

Yes--this is the auction, and while I really don't have space for a LA right now, would be there Saturday except my mother's health took a turn for the worse and I have to dash to Springfield MO for the weekend. Hope the high bidder on this gets a great machine that they really like! wish it were me! (I'd find room!). But family first!