Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kosher Pigs-My Take on String Stars

Howdy and welcome, from Texas! The fabrics are adorable. Please post a picture, when you finish the quilt!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Warmest welcome from the wild of western WI! I think I might just use one fabric per. Try making a couple of sample blocks to see how you like it done. And PLEASE post when you get this all together!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Yep...make a sample or two before you begin (show us...because we loooove pics.). Love your fabric and the story behind it, oh, and before I forget....hello and welcome, from Perth, Western Australia.

Blog Entries
    Your fabrics are too cute! Love the quilt. Great background color, too.

​Welcome to the board from Southern California!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Blog Entries
    Hi Alexis! Welcome fellow tribeswoman! I LOVE your pigs! How about using a spiral design? Renae Merrill did a book on it... It works great for prints like yours. You should be able to find directions online too...My opinion, use one fabric in a star. But I am a minimalist....I think it might be too busy with both in a single star and you would lose the design. But how about cutting out 6 points of each and audition them singly and mixed? Really the only way to find what you like. And we want pics!!!!!
    Ellen

I would alternate star blocks and pig fabric blocks. I'm afraid that when you cut up the pigs, you will loose the design and it will just be colors.

This quilt can be assembled in triangle units. It's much easier to put together that way.

Here's a diagram of the two triangle units (each triangle unit has 9 triangle sub units)

Name:  SpiderWebStars.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  154.7 KB

Blog Entries
    Catmcclure-- are you then suggesting, the pigs be the light green or the dark green? Or trying it both ways to decide?
    i think the Kosher Pig quilt is a great idea! My son wanted to have a Kosher pig farm when he grew up. He charged 25cents to get into his room, for years. That was supposed to be seed money for the farm. Lol. But he always spent it on other things. Today he writes plays
    Most importantly, welcome to the qb from Philly!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

I love your fabric! You must not be too new to quilting, as the pattern looks complex to me!! It will be great though. I hope you post lots of pictures....and welcome from Texas.

Dina

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast