Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Krinkled look or not

Banned
    I was just reading another thread about washing a quilt after you finish it and a couple of people mentioned the krinkle look. Do people in general like the krinkle look or not? I recently found out how to eliminate or reduce the about of krinkle you get when you wash your quilts. Before you put your batting in between your top and bottom layers put it in the dryer for about 15 minutes. It shrinks it and removes the wrinkles or folds which is great if you use packaged batting. I love my old quilts from my great grandmother that have the really nice soft krinkle touch to them. But on my new quilts that I have made I'm not pleased to see them krinkle some after washing them. So I have started pre shrinking my batting. Open to ideas and comments on this.
    Thanks,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter

IMHO, it depends of the style of the quilt. If it is a very modern quilt, I tend to go with less puckered look. On the other hand, if the quilt is of a more traditional styling, I love the slightly puckered appearance.

I just think of it as one more design element in a quilt.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I love the krinkled look. It makes it look antique.

I go back and forth, but eventually the quilt will need to be washed, so crinkly usually wins! I think it gives the quilt character and it tends to hide some of the boo boo's if you make any of those. Win, win for me!

Banned
    Well I can tell you that I really go for the krinkled look. But then again all of my quilts are made using a 100 year old machine!

Billy

Quote Originally Posted by Chele
    I go back and forth, but eventually the quilt will need to be washed, so crinkly usually wins! I think it gives the quilt character and it tends to hide some of the boo boo's if you make any of those. Win, win for me!
    Me too..... covers boo boo's :oops: and I like the look !!

I like the crinkle look on the more traditional quilts, Makes them look more vintage

Banned
    Here is the crinkled look on a more modern quilt design and it was done on a 1920's Singer treadle

Billy
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I love the krinkles-to me it is a must in a quilt. A quilt just isn't a quilt without the krinkles :)

I also do more modern type quilts and I still like them krinkled and "shrunkified".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast