Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Kwik Krazy Quilt

Am hand piecing and will be hand quilting a full size quilt. If I hand quilt "in the shadow" (1/4" from seam), should I quilt more than 4 of the 9 pieces in each 9" square?

sara in nc

It is up to you. There is no hard and fast rule. You can quilt one square, four, five or all nine. I would not decide at this stage. I love hand piecing and hand quilting. It is very therapeutic.

Thanks, Anne. Yes, it's much more relaxing to me than sewing on the machine. I've just started and wish I had started long before now. Oh, well, it's probably just as well. Everything is done at the right time.

sara in nc

Blog Entries
    As long as you follow the quilting requirements on the bag/tag of the batting, the rest is your choice :D:D:D

Banned
    quilt enough to give good stability all over the quilt. Usually best to have a uniform density of the quilting for stability and wearability. Of course, depens somewhat on the ultimate use of the quilt. If just for a bed cover and not much use then less might be ok, but if will be used and washed then more might be needed.