Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: labeling question

  1. #1
    Super Member MissTreated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    N61 6.1839', W149 52.0138'
    Posts
    1,222
    I'm working on a baby quilt for a shower. The shower is before the baby is born, about 5 weeks or so. I don't know what to put on the label. Should I not attach a label? Put a label on it after the kid is born? I wanted to make a pieced back and put the label in the piecing, but what to say? Just who made it and a date???

    M

  2. #2
    Super Member dakotamaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    South central Nebraska, US
    Posts
    5,470
    Thats what I would do. Maybe leave a spot for Name and date and give a fabric pen along with it?

  3. #3
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,108
    Blog Entries
    1
    Great idea incorporating the label into a block. I would send a pigma pen with the quilt, too :D:D:D

  4. #4
    Super Member Oklahoma Suzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Home town: Rehoboth, MA Now living in OK
    Posts
    7,872
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid
    Thats what I would do. Maybe leave a spot for Name and date and give a fabric pen along with it?
    Great idea.

  5. #5
    Super Member Quiltgranny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Quiltsville
    Posts
    1,860
    Quote Originally Posted by amma
    Great idea incorporating the label into a block. I would send a pigma pen with the quilt, too :D:D:D
    That's exactly what I did when I sent our daughter the quilt I made for our new granddaughter, as we were unable to deliver it in person. That seemed to work very well.

    If you don't put a label on it, then there's no record of your work.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    140
    I would definitely sign it and date it. You could add something like "Made especially to welcome your newborn into the world" "Created for your bundle of joy" I don't know if you're sewing or printing, that could have a lot to do with what you add to the label I suppose.

  7. #7
    Moderator Jim's Gem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Camarillo, California
    Posts
    35,389
    I have given a couple that I made the label later. In fact I have one out that I have finished the label, I just need to borrow the quilt back to sew it on for them!

  8. #8
    Senior Member Belles.hold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hickory Hills, IL
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTreated
    I'm working on a baby quilt for a shower. The shower is before the baby is born, about 5 weeks or so. I don't know what to put on the label. Should I not attach a label? Put a label on it after the kid is born? I wanted to make a pieced back and put the label in the piecing, but what to say? Just who made it and a date???

    M
    I always put a label on my quilts. In the case of a baby shower, the label reads: "Made especially for Baby *******", then my name and date of the shower or when the quilt was finished.

  9. #9
    Senior Member gramqlts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    675
    My labels on baby quilts say "Made with love, prayers and a few imperfections by S____Y_____, and date.

  10. #10
    Super Member Quiltgranny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Quiltsville
    Posts
    1,860
    Quote Originally Posted by gramqlts
    My labels on baby quilts say "Made with love, prayers and a few imperfections by S____Y_____, and date.
    Aw, I just LOVE this!! :thumbup: Thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.