Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Labels

Just wondering, how do you attatch your label to the quilt?

Piedmon Quilter

I needleturn mine on.... turn the edges under and hand sew with a very small blind stitch. I'm not sure if that's the most hardy way to do them though, I worry that they'll come loose over time.

I use the standard needle turn applique method and stitch. To keep it where I want it while stitching I use a water soluable glue. I wash all my quilts when done so it washes out.

I've seen quilts where the label was attached before the quilting. No way to get that puppy off without ripping the quilting out.

Quote Originally Posted by key4unc
    I've seen quilts where the label was attached before the quilting. No way to get that puppy off without ripping the quilting out.
    This is the way I should be doing it but I put it on last and hand stitch it. It works for me.

Blog Entries
    I put my label on BEFORE quilting, because I accidentally left a tote with a quilt in it on an airplane and NEVER saw it again. I'd like to think if the label had been sewn on BEFORE quilting (I always put 'quilted by --- and my home town and state - small town in CT where everyone in the PO knows me - on the label) it would have been returned.

Blog Entries
    Sometimes I Pigma Pen write the label directly on the backing. Other times, I sew the label on. Depends on the backing I use.

Good idea to put the label on BEFORE the quilting. I haven't done that, but I think I will start doing that now! :lol: By the time I get to that stage, I KNOW who the quilt is going to or what its purpose is. If you put the label close in a corner, you will only have to needle turn 2 sides, as the other two sides can be caught in the binding! :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by JoanneS
    I put my label on BEFORE quilting, because I accidentally left a tote with a quilt in it on an airplane and NEVER saw it again. I'd like to think if the label had been sewn on BEFORE quilting (I always put 'quilted by --- and my home town and state - small town in CT where everyone in the PO knows me - on the label) it would have been returned.
    Good idea, Joanne!

I second the idea being a good one to put it on before quilting. :roll: Now what didn't I think of that .... duhhh. What a maroon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast