Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
labyrinth whole cloth quilt >

labyrinth whole cloth quilt

labyrinth whole cloth quilt

Old 02-07-2012, 03:39 PM

Default labyrinth whole cloth quilt

I am starting to plan my first ever whole cloth quilt. I am having problems getting my pattern enlarged. I want to do a labyrinth design (see photo). But all I can do is print this photo on my home computer. how do I blow it up to a full sized pattern (twin quilt). I was thinking about taking it to a kinkos-type store. Any one have some brillant idea to get this picture from a 8x10 to a twin quilt without spending any $$?
Attached Thumbnails labychartfloor%5B2%5D.jpg  

Last edited by kedougou; 02-07-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:02 PM

Could you enlarge it in sections or quadrants? Then tape it back together perhaps.

delma
Old 02-07-2012, 04:10 PM
Power Poster

scan it- enlarge it to the size you want then print it off in sections which you then need to tape together-
or
i picked up an inexpensive projector from joannes---i can put a picture that size on the projector plate and project it onto a wall- about any size i want- hang my pattern paper on the wall- project image- then trace- it's not a great projector- but it does the job (cost about $27 i think---might be less expensive than Kinko's and you have it for future use.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:03 PM

There may be a program on your computer that will let you print out in poster size (it prints on sections of paper that you can tape back together).
Old 02-07-2012, 08:45 PM

I recently used a pdf file for a pattern on a 50" square quilt. I went to Staples and they enlarged it to 36" square which was the largest they could go. That cost me less than $8 Can. It was worth it.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by tjradj View Post
I recently used a pdf file for a pattern on a 50" square quilt. I went to Staples and they enlarged it to 36" square which was the largest they could go. That cost me less than $8 Can. It was worth it.
I did the same thing at Kinko's, cost was the same. Biggest printer they have uses 36" paper. You can print out 2 halves and tape them together.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:40 PM
QM
Power Poster

My printer has a "poster" print option. For my avatar eagle, I blew it up hugely on my printer and taped. However, I rather suspect that your maze will not be sufficient for your quilt unless you are planning to add onto the top and bottom and do some sort of intricate work between the lines. Since this is your first whole cloth, I would sugggest a wall hanging or lap quilt. Another way you can go is to get sheets of freezer paper. (I buy it by the roll) If, for example, I wanted to make 3 copies of a maze quadrant, I would iron, baste or staple 4 sheets at the corners sew the pattern with a threadless (old, dull, large) needle, thus copying my top piece onto the other 3. You would then need to go back and mark in the junctures, I suspect. Since you would then have all the points as small holes, you could use a chalk ponce to transfer the pattern thru those holes to the fabric.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:00 AM

WOW I love this design! I finally caved and bought a projector . I don't live cloce to and crafty type stores so I ordered online from hobbylobby . There was a 40 percent off coupon so it was only 17.99 plus 6.99 shipping . It would be perfect for this project
http://shop.hobbylobby.com/store/ite...?ItemId=151240
Old 02-08-2012, 03:35 AM

Beautiful idea, Chratres's Labyrinth is an amazing place. I'd visited (I'm living in France) and it has a very special energy! I hope we'll see pictures of your quilt! Bravo !
Patricia (from Southern France)
Old 02-08-2012, 04:22 AM
Banned

Having enlarged dozens of patterns.........go to a printer that has the large machines and talk to them.
You can have it done in sections. Discuss with them the issue of correct porportion when enlarged.
This is the best and fastest way to do it. To me the home computer is aggrivating. Some might be able to do it but I can't and don't have the time.