Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Lack of Motivation!

Lack of Motivation!

I have hit a serious procrastination mode and not sure how to get out of it. I look at pattern's I want to do and even get to the sorter out colors. I must have 8 UFO's in this house I don't know what it is I just seem to have a block in my head and can't seem to shake it, maybe it's the heat it hasn't been below 100 in 3 weeks.

What do other's do when you hit this snag??

That much heat would get me down too. Are you drinking lots of liquids?

Sometimes puting on some music helps get me moving.

Blog Entries
    I had a Quilt for Kids quilt that I hadn't sent back. After a gentle reminder from them, that lit a fire under me!
    Bernie

I changed from quilting to embroider and figure out the machine is still waiting.....waiting,... waiting.... but the tea towels are getting done.
    Jo

Blog Entries
    the virual quilt days help...also when I have a quilt for a person that I chose to make for and a deadline in my head...I need a end date..that really helps me. I have been really good about using my stash. I do find it harder to get started on a quilt though when using my stash rather then buying my new fabrics with a plan in mind.

That happens to me too. I usually look thru quilt magazines etc until the mood changes and then you can't stop me when I want to actually work on a project!!
    "In this age of information, ignorance is a choice".

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Quote Originally Posted by carolaug View Post
    the virual quilt days help...also when I have a quilt for a person that I chose to make for and a deadline in my head...I need a end date..that really helps me. I have been really good about using my stash. I do find it harder to get started on a quilt though when using my stash rather then buying my new fabrics with a plan in mind.
    I agree. Knowing that I'm "accountable" to somebody always helps me get the show on the road. But I have been fighting a slump my own self. I think it's because I feel so overwhlemed. I have several "must do's" & while that's only a task I put on myself, it still makes it feel like "work" & that's not fun. I have been wanting to make a Civil War "Chunky Churndash" forever & I keep telling myself if I get my must do's knocked out of the way, I can start on that. Good luck with fighting your slump... I'll send positive quilting vibes your way!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Oh, take a break. I do. Then once I start playing in my sewing room....the urge to sew comes back. We need to recharge once in a while. Pretty normal.
    Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Blog Entries
    Sometimes I just take a break from quilting even for a few months and simply do other activities, just like being on vacation for a while.... !

I'm suffering from the same thing, well kind of. I'm itching to work on blocks, mug rugs for gifts, all kinds of stuff but I can't pull myself away from the computer. I tell myself not to even turn it on cuz they I'd probably get some sewing done but I can't walk past it without 'checking my email' and then I'm hooked!
    Warm quilt hugs, Sue in CA
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PostCardMailArt

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death....Rosalind Russell

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast