Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lakeside Quilting in Montana >

Lakeside Quilting in Montana

Lakeside Quilting in Montana

Old 11-01-2016, 04:28 PM

Default Lakeside Quilting in Montana

Does anyone know anything about Lakeside Quilting in Montana? Three weeks ago I ordered some machine replacement parts and a tool and still haven't received them. My texts (nothing else was answered) said the owner is ill, thus the delays. But I'm wondering if I should try to cancel this and get my $ back? Anyone have information? I hate to cancel if the items are going to be shipped shortly, but also don't want to be out the money if the shop is in the process of closing.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:13 AM

While I know nothing about the business, I might be tempted to cancel the order, wish the owner a speedy recovery and find my parts elsewhere.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:19 AM

When I googled it, it said permanently closed. Maybe they have reopened, but I agree with eprays, and would probably cancel the order and look elsewhere.
Old 11-02-2016, 04:30 AM

Good catch NZquilter - I would also check and see if they have charged your credit card - most card companies will refund your money if you did not receive the goods.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:34 AM

I'd cancel the order right away. Never heard of the company, but then there are a gazillion companies out there. For all of my parts I use Amazon or Sewing Machine Parts online. Have never been disappointed in over ten years.
Old 11-02-2016, 05:34 PM

I ordered from Lakeside Quilt Co with no problem but it was about 3 years ago. I ordered some acrylic rulers and parts for my machine. I see on the internet the person is listed as Donita Reeve or Donita Darlington. I also see a different web address. www.lovetoquilt.com

Also listed as new address in Bozeman, MT not Kallispell and a new phone number 406-270-4716 I have used this number to talk to Donita at one time. I have it in my cell phone contact list.

You may want to try this contact information and see if you get anywhere.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by ND Quilter View Post
I ordered from Lakeside Quilt Co with no problem but it was about 3 years ago. I ordered some acrylic rulers and parts for my machine. I see on the internet the person is listed as Donita Reeve or Donita Darlington. I also see a different web address. www.lovetoquilt.com

Also listed as new address in Bozeman, MT not Kallispell and a new phone number 406-270-4716 I have used this number to talk to Donita at one time. I have it in my cell phone contact list.

You may want to try this contact information and see if you get anywhere.
thanks to all of you--I did go ahead and cancel the order for new wheels for my Gammill and a tool--would have liked both, but I ordered Oct 14 and have sent 2 emails, called and left voice mail and 5 texts--she did text back twice and said that she was dealing with illness and hadn't gotten the order to the machinist (this was a week after the order & again a week ago--no responses to the 3 texts since). I do understand health creating havoc with business--had to stop taking customer quilts during 2015 due to health. Which is part of the reason so important that my customers now trust that I will get things done on a timely basis. And right now the LA is unusable as 2 of the wheels literally fell off! and 2 more are about to, so will have to look elsewhere and dang, I really liked the look of those E-Z Gliders! Oh, well, hope she deals with the cancellation in a more timely fashion than the order (she'll probably be relieved!) and I'll call Master Card tomorrow to let them know the status.