Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lancaster, PA >

Lancaster, PA

Lancaster, PA

Old 05-13-2011, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by sunflower126
I am going to most of those places for 4 days in June starting the 12th. Can't wait. Have been getting my list ready. I wrote down the name Obie's until I read some other posts and saw the pics. It doesn't look like somewhere I would want to be. Think maybe we'll try the Hayloft this time. Haven't done that one. Do you recommend it?
I did not know about it or I'm sure I would have. I would go back to all of the places I was except maybe Good's. The Log Cabin Quilt Shop was very nice. I just happened to see it as I was driving & of course the car automatically turned in. I am not sure which was my favorite. I loved them all.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:18 PM

I am going to most of those places for 4 days in June starting the 12th. Can't wait. Have been getting my list ready. I wrote down the name Obie's until I read some other posts and saw the pics. It doesn't look like somewhere I would want to be. Think maybe we'll try the Hayloft this time. Haven't done that one. Do you recommend it?
At the hotel we stayed at, in there package of things to see & do, don't know what it is really called, their were discount coupons for I think 4 of the quilt shops. Burkholders had one for 20% off on one item but when I gave it to they gave me 20% off every item I bought. The other ones were for 10% I believe.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:20 PM

I am homesick. We would go there at least once a month. Now I live to far and fit to much in when we go home. I agree about Obies.It's an experience I can live without. I do recommend the Hayloft. They have beautiful fabric.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:23 PM

ON my last visit to Obies there was a faint cry of "help, help" from the back of the store. I think a pile of fabric fell. But, if you're looking for something they know right where it is. I love the Lancaster Quilts stores, Obies included.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:35 PM

Hey, if you want and have time, PM me and maybe we can meet out at Hayloft. I live just a few minutes from there There are others near Obies. I guess you need to go in there just once; it just scheeves me out. She cuts generous because she can only measure 1/2 yard at a time. I got some stuff from there, but I like to browse and you just can't there.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:41 PM

We are going for a retreat in September, I hope there is some fabric left for us to buy!
Old 05-13-2011, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bluphrog
Originally Posted by echobluff
They don't know what Shoo-fly Pie is here in Wyoming...(sorry, I'm drooling)Sue
Sue, I smiled when I read this, because I have the same problem. No body in Texas knows what Maypo is and I have fond memories of eating it and watching the commercials.
My kids lover maypo when they were little
Old 05-13-2011, 02:58 PM

I want to go to Obie's.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by thequilterslink
I want to go to Obie's.
You come east and I'll take you, but I'll stand outside and wait for you.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:25 PM

Ohhhh yes I recommend it!!! :) I love the Hayloft. It's about 90 minutes from me but worth every minute of the drive.

Another good place is Covered Bridge Dry Goods in Kutztown

robin