Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Lancaster

I will be in Lancaster, PA, next weekend attending my nephew's graduation from watchmaker school. I'm hoping to have maybe an hour or two to check out a LQS. Any suggestions that would be special (maybe a well known shop or one with great prices, for example) would be appreciated.

There are many great shops, but the Hayloft right off the Morgantown Exit of the turnpike might be convenient for you to get to. They have a large selection of fabrics. Check them out online before you go.

Blog Entries
    Looks as though you will be driving right past Olde City Quilts..in Burlington NJ......I'm sure you meant shops in Lancaster, but we are definitely worth a look! Have a safe trip!

I was there a few weeks ago. My favorite place is the Old Country Store and I really liked Zooks also. Got some really cute panels in Zooks.

Thanks for posting this. We are driving to NYC this week and plan to drive/stop in Lancaster. If we pass through Burlington I'll try to get a stop there too at your Olde City Quilts.

I like Country Store, Zooks and Bitty Kinna's. They are all right in the same block - just steps from one another. Country Store has an amazing selection of batiks at very reasonable (I think) prices as well as tons of other beautiful fabrics. Zooks has tons of fabric too. Bitty Kinna's is a relatively new (1-2 yrs) shop with much more contemporary fabrics. There's also another between those just mentioned and the town of Bird-in-Hand - can't remember the name. It's a small house turned into a fabric shop as well as a notions store below. If you're into hand quilting the notions store has an amazing selection of templates. The fabric store has a great selection of cottons and an unbelieveable selection of flannel - an entire room of it! Prices very good. Worth the stop. It's less than a 30 min. drive from the others.

If you are coming in on Rte 30 you will be going past Dutchland Quilt Shop on your right. That is just as you are entering the area of Lancaster. I love that shop.