Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Landscape Quilting

I have used photo fabric to transfer pictures of itemsfrom a photograph to fabric. Might that work for your pine trees?

Thanks to all for your wonderful ideas on landscape quilting. I am sure I will be able to put all or some of them to good use. It is so nice to have such a great resource when you get kind of stuck....Thanks to all. :mrgreen:

Hi,
    Use a free-motion foot and a zigzag stitch going sideways. You will be amazed at the many things you can do with that stitch. You can border an applique piece, fill in some shading and then smooth your work by sewing back and forth over the shading and the sideways zigzag that goes into your piece. I wish I could draw it here but do some experimenting and you will come into it just by doing. Move your fabric wearing a pair of gloves to control your fabric and go for it. If you need a pix I can load something for you if need be. Good luck. quiltinlily

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2