Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lapel Stick, a new glue stick for fabric >

Lapel Stick, a new glue stick for fabric

Lapel Stick, a new glue stick for fabric

Old 03-20-2012, 07:23 AM

Default Lapel Stick, a new glue stick for fabric

There is a review of Lapel Stick in the April/May issue of Quilting Arts Magazine. The reviewer, Maria Elkins, used it for applique, quilt basting, couching, binding, even for sewing down buttons. The Lapel Stick glue when dry creates a temporary bond when dry, washes out when laundered, is non-toxic and acid free. Overall she gave it good a good review. Again, I am willing to try anything new.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:42 AM

Saw it in a youtube tute, where it was used to hold a zipper in place for sewing. Pretty neat!
Old 03-20-2012, 07:47 AM

How does much does it cost? I use school glue sticks for applique and it's very cheap and does all that you say. Not sure if it would hold a zipper like TShooters says but don't know that I'd use it for that either. I have to watch my money that's whay I also use the June Tailors Basting spray from Walmarts; it does the same as 505 but it a lot cheaper and yes, I've compared them both. So cost would be a factor for me.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:38 PM

I also use the school glue sticks and they wash out, are non-toxic and acid free, and hold very well temporarily. I get a supply at the beginning of the school year for $.50 each, never more than $1.00 each. I saw the Lapel Stick advertised on one site for $4.50 each--on sale, reg. $5.00 each. I'll stay with my glue stick which has the same qualities as the Lapel Stick for much less in price.