Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Lapel Stick, a new glue stick for fabric

Lapel Stick, a new glue stick for fabric

There is a review of Lapel Stick in the April/May issue of Quilting Arts Magazine. The reviewer, Maria Elkins, used it for applique, quilt basting, couching, binding, even for sewing down buttons. The Lapel Stick glue when dry creates a temporary bond when dry, washes out when laundered, is non-toxic and acid free. Overall she gave it good a good review. Again, I am willing to try anything new.
    Sweet Caroline

Saw it in a youtube tute, where it was used to hold a zipper in place for sewing. Pretty neat!
    Count your life by smiles, not tears. Count your age by friends, not years.

"I, myself, am entirely made of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."

Blog Entries
    How does much does it cost? I use school glue sticks for applique and it's very cheap and does all that you say. Not sure if it would hold a zipper like TShooters says but don't know that I'd use it for that either. I have to watch my money that's whay I also use the June Tailors Basting spray from Walmarts; it does the same as 505 but it a lot cheaper and yes, I've compared them both. So cost would be a factor for me.
    Judy

I also use the school glue sticks and they wash out, are non-toxic and acid free, and hold very well temporarily. I get a supply at the beginning of the school year for $.50 each, never more than $1.00 each. I saw the Lapel Stick advertised on one site for $4.50 each--on sale, reg. $5.00 each. I'll stay with my glue stick which has the same qualities as the Lapel Stick for much less in price.
    jackie