Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: large wedge tool dimensions needed

The one from Missouri Star Quilt Co.?- I think I know where you're coming from - I didn't/couldn't/wouldn't buy the ruler for just that one thing. I used a 10" X 4 3/4" piece of fabric and cut from each corner up at a 30 degree angle. The bottom edge is then still 10". For the background you cut the same size and then cut down the middle from top to bottom.

It is seven and ahalf across the bottom and nine inches high. I got mine from MSQ

Sandyl has given you the correct measurements. I haven't bought the large wedge template, but I do have a self drawn template and the measurements are the same as the ones Sandyl has posted. On some graph paper measure a 10" line and mark the middle. From this line, drawn a downward line 5 1/2 ". Place your ruler at 2 1/2" on the line and draw a 5" line. Now finish with the diagonal lines. If I have heavy, thick cardboard, I will glue my template on it.

Blog Entries
    Where can I find the pattern for the christmas tree table runner? I have looked through the tutorials in the archive and can't find it. I saw the YouTube by MSQC, but can't find the pattern.
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    If you have a protractor, draw a triangle on paper. Draw one side at 9 3/4" (you could make it 10, but I think it is better to leave a little wiggle room.) and then a second side at a 45 degree angle which is also 9 3/4 ". Connect the two at the bottom with a line that should be about 7 1/2" (maybe a hair under). Check the angles at the bottom. They should be 67 1/2 degrees each (give or take).

No protractor?

Take a ten by ten inch piece of paper. Fold in half corner to corner so you now have a triangle that is ten inches on two sides and a little over 14 inches on the creased side. Crease it well. Measure from one of the triangle points on the crease down the crease, 9 3/4". Put a mark there. Measure from that same corner to the triangle point (there is no crease here, two pieces of paper come together. ) Also 9 3/4. This should be just 1/4 inch from the point. Put a dot here. Connect the two dots with a line. Cut on that line (you are cutting two thicknesses. ) Cut along the crease. You should now have two templates and leftovers.

If this doesn't work, let me know and I will try to clarify my instructions. Tired, time to go to bed.
    Last edited by Maggieloe; 10-31-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    Go to Missouri Star Quilt co and click on projects and then on table runners. Maybe there is another click on holiday projects.

Blog Entries
    Not sure if someone gave you this but here goes. Bottom of template is 7 1/2", sides are 9 7/8". Draw a line 7 1/2" at the bottom. Put a dot half way (3 3/4") across the bottom. Drawn a line 9" up the middle from the half way dot, mark with another dot. Connect a line from the top dot to one of the ends of the 7 1/2" line, do this on both sides. This includes the 1/4" seam. I have used the large wedge and I have also used one of my triangle rulers. It works out the same. In fact I think that I like the triangle trees better. They both make trees like Jenny showed. Hope this helps. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

I love all the help you have given! You ladies are too sweet!!! If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to call us! (888) 571-1122 I hope you got what you needed. I would love to see pictures of the table runner!

I will attempt to post a picture of my finished table runner that I made with my rough guess of the measurements with the help from the board members. Name:  christmas table runner 2012.jpg
Views: 1000
Size:  650.1 KB I still want to add some small gold stars at the tops of the trees and not sure if I want to quilt a bit more in the white areas. Thanks to you all for the help!

BMP
    Blog Entries
    There are 2 different tree patterns being discussed here with 2 different shapes ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast