Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: latest favorite gadget

latest favorite gadget

PINMOR!! If you, like me, hesitated to shell out 20 bucks for these little treasures - bite the bullet and get some! They are so awesome! I haven't even used them yet for pin basting which is what they are marketed for. I color code blocks so they don't accidently get sewn in the wrong direction or on the wrong side of the quilt top. (Am I the only one who has sewn a block on upside down, etc.?) Use them when you're pinning strips of blocks together and you'll never again have pins falling out or poke your fingers. These little babies are worth their weight in gold.

Blog Entries
    I am a big fan of Pinmoors. I use Pinmoors every time I use a pin. No more pricks and they stay on until I take them off. Thin sharp pins work best. I buy a package when they go on sale and have enough to baste a king size quilt if I ever need to.
    Got fabric?

I am a big fan of Pinmoors too. There are so many uses for them, but I bought them more for basting a quilt and love them for that.

Blog Entries
    Got $12.50? The Pinmoor site sells 200 for $50.00. The catch? They get to pick the colors they send you. I think I could live with that....
    http://www.pinmoor.com/order.html
    Very bottom of the page. Instead of 50 for $15, the drop down box has the option to order the 200 ct bag.
    No affiliation with Pinmoor, just sending those interested to a site that will save some money.

Well, I must be really dumb... What in the world is/are Pinmoors ??????

Quote Originally Posted by slk350 View Post
    Well, I must be really dumb... What in the world is/are Pinmoors ??????
    HAHA!!! don't worry...I don't know either...off to google! Sounds like something I need!

Blog Entries
    I ordered one of the let them pick color bags. I got dark dull green Pinmoors. I like pretty so I ordered the colors I wanted after that.
    Got fabric?

OMG! watched the video. Ordered my pinmors. What a great idea. I can't wait to use them. Why didn't I think of this??? Thanks so much for the tip.

I did think of this and used the colored ear protectors, the Pinmoors are much more dense, but the ear protectors work pretty well and the ones I have are Purple.
    OzarksGma

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    I am a big fan of Pinmoors. I use Pinmoors every time I use a pin. No more pricks and they stay on until I take them off. Thin sharp pins work best. I buy a package when they go on sale and have enough to baste a king size quilt if I ever need to.
    Where did you find them on sale?

Hallie in NM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast