Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest obsession is

Latest obsession is

Latest obsession is going to thrift stores and seeing how much fabric I can get for how little money

Earlier this week, I finished a WOF rag blanket from about $2 of fabric---------------not counting the cost of thread..I try NOT to know how much that costs.

Got a 5 store run mapped out for later today---------I've previously purchased fabric at each of the stores. Not that I NEED fabric, but the HUNT is the real game
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

It sounds like your having fun!!!! Enjoy yourself.
    Love to quilt and play with the great grandkids

Blog Entries
    it's a great game to find bargains and turn them into treasures
    Nancy in western NY

I use to be more able to hit garage, estate and thrift stores - now I am usually with the husband and he just isn't into more "stuff". Of course I am anxious to rid myself of things I need to dust for things I can just sew with.
    God Bless Quilters and Sewers
    Marti

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MartiMorga View Post
    Of course I am anxious to rid myself of things I need to dust for things I can just sew with.
    I'm with you on this one! I used to love to collect knick knacks and now when I pick one up I think "dust collector" and promptly put it back on the shelf!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Power Poster
    Sounds like a fun obsession - Hope you score often!

My DH is so NOT into stopping at yard sales and/or thrift stores

That's why I love Craigslist - I search for fabric under yard sales and arts and crafts and have come across some good deals. I'm supposed to meet with a woman next week who is going to be moving shortly and wants to sell off some of her stash that is in "bins and bins" in a storage unit. I'm excited – it could be lots of old, smelly calicos, or it could be a gold mine. Such is the thrill of the hunt!

That's why I love Craigslist - I search for fabric under yard sales and arts and crafts and have come across some good deals. I'm supposed to meet with a woman next week who is going to be moving shortly and wants to sell off some of her stash that is in "bins and bins" in a storage unit. I'm excited it could be lots of old, smelly calicos, or it could be a gold mine. Such is the thrill of the hunt!

I hear ya! Every time DH picks up a beautiful treasure, I ask, "how can we use it, and are you willing to keep it clean?". He's starting to get it. I believe in beautiful things, but I like for a lot of them to have some use these days. Those, I don't mind cleaning. yes, I'm getting old ;-)
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

I leave my Husband at home when I shop, unless I want something from Home Depot or Lowe's.
    I have lots of dust collectors, getting most in cabinets or stored away. Let my Daughter and Granddaughter decide what to do with them when I'm gone.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast