Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Layer cake?

I am doing the April fab shop hop and came across a site that sells :layer cakes". What are they?

They are like charm packs...but they are 10" squares.

It is a 10" square of each fabric in a certain line.

Ok that makes sense...but is it actually a useable pack?

There are lots of designers developing new patterns all the time that use the 10" squares now. I personally have not seen any that knocked my socks off yet but, they are still so new. I am sure there will be tons of new patterns that use "layer cakes" introduced at Quilt Market in the next month.

One of the shop hop shops had 10" squares and called them "Pendant Packs". I hadn't heard that phrase before either. It's like what they did with coffee and ice cream - keeping prices the same but slowly decreasing what we get. I wonder how long it will take before fat quarter prices are charged for 10x10" squares.

I guess no matter what way they cut it we quilters can quilt it! Hopefully I"ll get there soon

I just got this in a newletter...I guess timing is everything

Layer Cake Pinwheel $109.99

Over the last few newsletters we have been introducing you to a product new to Evelyn's Sewing Centre - "Layer Cakes". We have been busy coming up with some unique ideas as to how these can be used.

Here is an absolutely gorgeous quilt, that we have created using 1 Layer Cake and 1 Jelly Roll (plus additional fabrics for borders and binding).

Don't worry - this only sounds fattening! We guarantee you won't gain a pound, indulging in our goodies!

Attached Images Attached Images

And here I thought I was going to get to break out the Buttercream and decorate! That's OK, I'd rather sew/quilt than I would bake/decorate anymore. It's much less messy, lasts a lot longer, and isn't unhealthy/fattening! LOL!!!!