Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • lazer light reflection >
  • lazer light reflection

• lazer light reflection

Old 06-08-2011, 12:11 PM
    cjj

I don't know what went wrong, but I'm getting a reflection from my lazer light. Seeing double and it's very frustrating. This hasn't happened before, anyone know what I can do to resolve this. I tried taking off the lid, tipping the light, nothings working.
    Old 06-08-2011, 12:12 PM

Welcome to the board from Southern California!!!!!
    I don't know how to help you but someone here probably can!!
    Old 06-08-2011, 12:25 PM
    Power Poster

could it be the fabric causing it? one time i had a double line with my laser---when i put a different color fabric on top of my quilt the double disappeared, removed the new piece- double again- it was a black quilt and i really had to fiddle with it= had to rig up a spool holder for it that was higher up === when the laser was too close i had double- when further away- not so much.
    it took me quite some time to find a remedy-and now= if it's a black quilt i just don't bother trying to use it...too aggrivating.

good luck- let us know if you find a solution...
    Old 06-08-2011, 12:26 PM
    cjj

thanks for the welcome, been watching the boards for awhile and thought I'd jump onboard. Always interesting subjects and helpful advice and comments. glad to be here.
    Old 06-08-2011, 12:30 PM
    cjj

no, I'm using it on the back on a pantograph. Thinking I might have to angled to close to the machine and it's giving me the reflection. But can't move it cause I have two rows done and don't want to mess up the spacing. I'll finish it this way and be more careful next time. Unless someone else has suggestions.
    Old 06-08-2011, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
    could it be the fabric causing it? one time i had a double line with my laser---when i put a different color fabric on top of my quilt the double disappeared, removed the new piece- double again- it was a black quilt and i really had to fiddle with it= had to rig up a spool holder for it that was higher up === when the laser was too close i had double- when further away- not so much.
    it took me quite some time to find a remedy-and now= if it's a black quilt i just don't bother trying to use it...too aggrivating.

good luck- let us know if you find a solution...
    interesting. I assumed she was talking about using a laser on a pantograph. Can you explain to me how lasers are used directly on the fabric. I learn something new here everyday.
    Old 06-08-2011, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by cjj
    no, I'm using it on the back on a pantograph. Thinking I might have to angled to close to the machine and it's giving me the reflection. But can't move it cause I have two rows done and don't want to mess up the spacing. I'll finish it this way and be more careful next time. Unless someone else has suggestions.
    I think you're on to the problem. Hubs who works with lasers, say it's not the beam. It is probably reflection from the plastic. I think you're right about angle. I learn so much here.
    Old 06-08-2011, 03:53 PM

You might try turning off your overhead lights. Sometimes between the reflection of the laser light on the plastic and the overheads, causes this. Also works forf black thread on black fabric. Fellow longarmer taught me this trick when I thought I would lose my vision.
    Old 06-08-2011, 07:16 PM
    Banned

Are you using that rolled plastic over your panto? The reflection might be coming from that. That happens to me when I use it and the only thing that helps is to shut off the lights in my quilting room. It's not an idea fix, but that's what I do.