Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Leaders and Enders >

Leaders and Enders

Leaders and Enders

Old 04-08-2014, 02:38 PM

I have it and like it. I know I can look at the website but sometimes I just like to curl up on the couch with a book.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
I had this book and sold it. I'd say that all the info on creating & using leaders & enders is on her website, as are most of the patterns. There is an errata to note:
http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005/07/errata.html
Thanks so much for letting me know about these. I'm not good with directions anyway!! I'd have gone crazy trying to figure out what was wrong.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker View Post
I just ordered the quilt book by Bonnie Hunter called "Leaders and Enders" I thought that it might have some simple patterns in it that my DH could make. Do any of you have this book? If so, do you like it? And, are the patterns simple enough for beginning quilter to do? The ones on the front of the book looked pretty and simple. Its coming by Media mail. So, it'll take a few days to get here. I want to try and get to the mail before he does cause I want to surprise him with it.
Another easy place is :

www.missouristarquiltcompany by Jenny Doan, loaded with tutorials for every kind of pre cut or scraps that you can imagine. Hope you hubby loves it like you love him :-)
Old 04-10-2014, 04:51 AM

I would recommend the site www.marysquilts.com Her patterns are simple, well explained and free. She has a good variety of patterns which all seem to turn out looking great. There are no complicated or small pieces in her patterns.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:10 AM

I just love Bonnie Hunter. I have several of her books and am working from time to time putting the Crabapples quilt together from Adventures in Leaders and Enders. My avatar is the quilt I made from her 2008 mystery quilt pattern called Double Delight. Even if the quilt looks complicated with a gazillion pieces, she breaks it down in such a way that the patterns are easy to do.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:29 AM

If anyone wants to sell their BH books, send me a PM.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by mirish2 View Post
I would recommend the site www.marysquilts.com Her patterns are simple, well explained and free. She has a good variety of patterns which all seem to turn out looking great. There are no complicated or small pieces in her patterns.
Mirish2, your link goes to a marysquilts, but there are no patterns or photos, just a little information about contacting her for machine quilting. Were you thinking of a similar address? Thanks.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:51 AM

I have three of Bonnie's books. They are fun and easy to follow. I know I can get free patterns from her web site but I just love drooling over her books.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:15 PM

I have 3 of her books and love them. I just finished the Blue Ridge Beauty leaders and enders.. All of her patterns are vey easy to follow.. She has lots of free patterns on her quiltville.com site
Old 04-10-2014, 06:54 PM

Bonnie Hunter is one of the most generous people you would ever want to meet. She shares so many patterns freely, gives tips and tricks on her website, she blogs daily morning and night and is a whirlwind at making quilts and keeping you interested in every project she develops. Her classes are attended to capacity wherever she teaches. The methods she uses are economical and easy to put your personal touches on to have a beautiful quilt. No, I am not her mother or sister, just a fan. Quiltville is a happy place.