Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Leah Day FMQ Project You Tube - Addictive

Leah Day FMQ Project You Tube - Addictive

Quilting Crack ---
    I've spent the last several evenings watching every video she has posted. I am completely addicted. So much that I bought a kit with the slider and bobbin washers and gloves from her website. I am going to work some more on my FMQ with greater courage. Only thing I dont have is the Aurifil thread -- any recommendations for where to purchase?

You really don't need the Aurilfil thread. I have used many kinds of thread for FMQ. Check with your local quilting stores if you want to purchase the Aurilfil. There are also lots of places on the Internet to purchase it.
    Sweet Caroline

I usually purchase it online when it goes on sale. ConnectingThreads is one place I find it.4

delma

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the utube suggestion. I just looked it up and will start in the am.
    Barbara
    Life is a coin, You can spend it anyway you wish,
    But you can only spend it once!

I love Leah Day. I really credit her with making FMQ accessible for me.

On her suggestion, I started quilting with Isacord thread, and now use it almost exclusively (some quilts I use conncting threads essential). I get it from imachinegroup.com if you buy about 10 of them, the price with shipping is fabulous.

thanks for the tips!

I, too, am a Leah Day fan. The items in the kit you purchased will really help you with FMQ. I love the gloves! As for the slider, I tape mine down with painter's tape. I sewed 3 sliders into quilts before I started taping. Taping down the slider takes time; but it has kept the slider out of my quilt. I thought Leah Day used Isacord thread. I have always used Aurifil thread which has worked well for me. I try to buy it when it is on sale.

When you find it be sure to buy a small sample to see if your machine likes it.

Count me in as another big fan of Leah Day. She is so personable and knowledgable. She makes FMQ look so easy. I have bought 3 of her Craftsy classes, but haven't watched them yet. I am saving to buy her big book of designs. I love her newsletter. Actually, I love everything she has shown so far!!!
    Sue

I also like her because she says things like "don't tear it out if it isn't perfect" and "if you didn't leave enough room, just squiggle in there and come back out again," types of things. Things that those of us who are learning FMQ can really appreciate.

And she's so good and really hasn't been at it that long--and I think because of that, still remembers learning and it makes her a good teacher because she answers the questions a lot of us have.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast