Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Leah Day has reorganized her FMQ designs

I have referred to Leah Day's website and her 365 free motion quilt design projects in the past. Have to admit that her skills had me quite intimidated. Now, I see that Leah has reorganized her FMQ designs based on skill level, direction of the pattern, name of the pattern, etc. I find that the new organization makes it MUCH easier for me. (I'm a beginner and need to start with the easier designs.)

If you haven't looked at Leah Day's website in a while, check it out:

http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.c...nd-design.html

Thanks for the heads up as I love her designs but a lot of them are so intimidating, well to me anyway :twisted:

I have just finished a throw using this pattern http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.c...ral-chain.html as the border I have done a few but have taken a while to master it, well nearly :-D

Blog Entries
    i pulled up the beginner ones and many of those look too complicated for me. but i haven't been on my frame in almost 3 years.

Blog Entries
    thanks for letting us know

Quote Originally Posted by MomtoBostonTerriers
    I have referred to Leah Day's website and her 365 free motion quilt design projects in the past. Have to admit that her skills had me quite intimidated. Now, I see that Leah has reorganized her FMQ designs based on skill level, direction of the pattern, name of the pattern, etc. I find that the new organization makes it MUCH easier for me. (I'm a beginner and need to start with the easier designs.)

If you haven't looked at Leah Day's website in a while, check it out:

http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.c...nd-design.html

I love Leah Day's designs and videos. I am just wondering how she manages an entire quilt vs those small practice blocks she does. Do any of you have any info on that?

Blog Entries
    Thank you for sharing, I have saved this to my computer!

Great site. I put it in my favorites.

i enjoyed looking at the samples, but can't see me keeping that up for more that 1/2 hour at a time!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitchnripper
    I love Leah Day's designs and videos. I am just wondering how she manages an entire quilt vs those small practice blocks she does. Do any of you have any info on that?
    I have wondered the same thing.

Hi Stitchripper! To use the designs in your quilts, it's really just a matter of picking one design.

Pick a design and stitch it in the blocks of your quilt. Then if you're bored, pick another design and stitch it in your sashing. Then pick another for your borders or stick with the same sashing design.

It's really entirely up to you! Some designs will work easier in some places than others, and I plan to start adding quilting in real quilts to videocasts in July.

I'm sorry to hear that many of the designs are intimidating. I'll try to work on that...maybe a new area of super easy designs?

Anyway, I'm glad to hear ya'll like the changes on the site and I hope it helps everyone learn to free motion quilt!

Cheers,

Leah Day

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast