Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
learned about Daily Deal....... >

learned about Daily Deal.......

learned about Daily Deal.......

Old 02-09-2013, 11:34 AM

Like many of you, I compare the postage to the cost of a trip to town: the gas used in driving 30 miles one way to the nearest hancock's (which doesn't have the same fabrics) and the inconvenience of getting dressed. Since I don't add my cost of the trip to town to cost of items I buy there, I don't add it to the cost of the ones I order. (which is one way of thinking of it), So $5.00 seems reasonable and convenient to me. Since they have the same postage no matter how much you buy, I usually add other needs/wants to the list. But I do see how you're thinking of it and if you're live close to stores them you going to the fabric stores anyway.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:01 PM

I remember feeling disappointed the first time I tried to order multiples of the daily deal but after thinking about it realized they couldn't stay in business if they let us all buy multiples at such a fantastic price!!! As I look through their shop I am stunned by the variety of merchandise they carry. Plus, Jenny's free videos are so amazing - we pay for that type of instruction on other sites so I figure I'm hopefully supporting them and keeping the videos free!
Old 02-09-2013, 03:11 PM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

I buy the daily deal IF I need something else from them and I go down my list of items needed for quilting. I also have to have a "need" for the daily deal as well. Same way with buying the bolt ends.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:07 PM

I have no qualms about ordering from Missouri Star and paying the going rate. Jenny is so personable, it is easy to think of her as a friend. But we have to remember that this is her livelihood and she is responsible for all those others on her payroll. The $5 shipping is a plus, though, and I like getting the deal price and being careful about ordering other things. The fabric is always top notch and the service is delightful!
Old 02-10-2013, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by Gramie bj View Post
I just wish they were not sold out by 8 AM my time. This happened to me on more than one occasion.
Yep, I checked out their daily deals a couple times. I always buy more than one pack of charm squares because one is never enough. I found the limit of one, then when I went to order some other things, they were out of stock, so I have never bothered to go back to the daily deals. I do like her youtube tutes though.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:52 AM

Personally, I don't know anyone who got rich owning a quilt store. MSQC has done a fantastic job with their marketing and made themselves available to the anyone who finds them on the internet-GOOD JOB! But it still is a never-ending struggle to keep up with costs and payroll. One little charm pack at cost, multiplied by the number of folks who got the deal makes for a couple of hours of cost just packing and addressing the orders. Postage/shipping is very expensive. I don't think there's any room for criticism.
One persons said it correctly...have a list ready and pay attention. Jump on the deal and then say THANK YOU!
Old 02-10-2013, 05:30 AM

Just got a note from MSQC in regard to shipping out of US....they said there is a glitch with the shipping when you place an order and they will refund extra back to you....have now asked what the shipping would be to Ontario...will get back to you..and gosh I think 5.00 is excellent shipping amount...
Old 02-10-2013, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by leighway View Post
Personally, I don't know anyone who got rich owning a quilt store. MSQC has done a fantastic job with their marketing and made themselves available to the anyone who finds them on the internet-GOOD JOB! But it still is a never-ending struggle to keep up with costs and payroll. One little charm pack at cost, multiplied by the number of folks who got the deal makes for a couple of hours of cost just packing and addressing the orders. Postage/shipping is very expensive. I don't think there's any room for criticism.
One persons said it correctly...have a list ready and pay attention. Jump on the deal and then say THANK YOU!
Oh, don't get me wrong, I am not criticizing them at all. And I know it is impossible to keep a large inventory "just in case" a certain item may be wanted. I have about every notion known to man, so rarely need gadgets, etc. I know I should frequent her site more often, since I do enjoy her youtube videos. You can't give EVERYTHING away. I have had this happen on other sites too, so I just don't get around to getting back to them. I commend her on how well her business does, obviously she is doing something right, or she wouldn't still be around. We quilters tend to be fickle. We are all penny pinchers and are looking for a great deal, and we tend to forget that that vendor is a penny pincher too, out of necessity.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:17 AM

Several months ago I ordered the daily deal which after 10-12 days didn't receive so I called them. they said it shipped and I did receive it the next day. Then the next week I received a second order. I called them and they said to send it back. They even emailed me a shipping label. Due to life getting in the way....it is still sitting on the table. I keep forgetting to print the label and send back.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:09 AM

I love those deals and I agree, it is cheaper than my driving the hour to the nearest store. Plus it is fun. I really need to be more cautious and order more to offset the $5 but heck, I am happy.