Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Learned my Lesson LOL

So I decided this morning to make a quick quilt for my GFIL. I decided on a D9P... with 3" squares >.<

Why oh why didn't I do 6" or even 4". This is not turning out to be a quick quilt :P

I feel for you. We regularly bite off more than we can chew but for the best reasons. Good luck from England. Happy Christmas.
    Annie

Blog Entries
    Yikes! Kinda sorta sounds like me sometimes -- think after I cut.

Blog Entries
    yep been there,,,,,,,, dh made me a sign for sewing room that says K.I.S.S. (Keep it Simple Stupid) so when things go crazy I look up and read that sign lol good luck

Your avatar is colorful and caught my attention. Just love the brights with black. Some of my other quilts have those colors.
    That DP 9 patch is on my "To Do List", however, I am trying out the DP 4 next.

IMHO the smaller the pieces, the longer it takes to make a quilt, logical is it not & we all know that but we have to try out these blocks. At least that is me. Ask me how I know, LOL.
    My last smallish piecing [for me only] was the Bonnie Hunter [quiltville.com] from the Nov/Dec issue of quiltmaker mag called Hot Cross Buns. 1.5" x 2.5" patches & fun. The 'Twisted Sister' in an earlier issue [may never be made again by me] looks really nice. So, if you have the scraps and the inclination, both types of blocks are ever so cute.
    I like that motto, too KISS for quilting.
    Anyway, I am off to cut out scraps for the DP 4 in big blocks. Just love the Tutorials here on the QB forum. Then, I will play around with the 10 minute block in 10" squares. My 6" blocks came out very fine using the 10 minute block method and the two quilts [charity] are ever so busy. These will not 'picture' well.
    Wonderful Quilting to all in 2011.

Lesson learned.

Good luck finishing the quilt, and your avatar reminds me of all the laughing and carrying on when my sons tried to teach me to play tetris.

Quote Originally Posted by Bb/rhodo
    yep been there,,,,,,,, dh made me a sign for sewing room that says K.I.S.S. (Keep it Simple Stupid) so when things go crazy I look up and read that sign lol good luck
    Good idea to think about life in general!

Banned
    Oh boy, been there, done that.
    5" square is the largest I've done.
    I saw a friend's 6" one and even she was disappointed in the resulting quilt.

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    :)