Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: At least he knows what it is.

My 7th grade son started a class familiarizing him with cooking and sewing. They had to make some rules for in the classroom. I was surprized when he came home and announced his was: 'No eating the (pressing) ham!' Obviously she already taught him some of the tools they will learn to use.

Thats wonderful glad he will learn the basics I burned my aunts ham with the iron to close talk about STINK sawdust all over and all. My first lesson in sewing on a patch and keeping iron away from things !! wish him well for me-- my son 9th grade is now doing square dancing in gym not happy about it either but IS participating so am glad about that..

It's good to hear that your son's school board officials still feel sewing and cooking are important skills. Our schools do not have those classes in the middle schools and most kids can't fit them into their highschool academic schedule.

Blog Entries
    :) I taught my 2 boys to cook and do laundry. Didn't even think to teach them sewing. I guess I missed the mark on that one.:)

My son made me an apron in 8th grade and boldy sewed my initials on the chest "BS". LOL

Blog Entries
    LMBO Good rule :thumbup: :D:D:D