Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Left Twist Thread for Janome 1600 P-QC??? >

Left Twist Thread for Janome 1600 P-QC???

Left Twist Thread for Janome 1600 P-QC???

Old 08-31-2010, 03:37 PM

I just bought a Janome 1600 P-QC to put on my Little Gracie II frame. As I'm going through the manual I get to "Threading the Needle Thread" and it says "Use Only Left Twist Thread". WHAT? I'm lucky I can even SEE the thread let alone what direction it twists! Is this something special or is it normal? Help!

Thanks!
Old 08-31-2010, 04:33 PM

I have a friend who bought a 1600P. It has been nothing but a headache. Won't sew . Skips stitches. Thread always breaks. She hates it.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by happy sewer
I have a friend who bought a 1600P. It has been nothing but a headache. Won't sew . Skips stitches. Thread always breaks. She hates it.
Thanks. That helps a lot.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:30 PM

HMMM, After some google reading it seems as if MOST thread that is machine sewing is left twist thread.

Maybe this would help.

http://www.ylicorp.com/pdf/tot-brochure.pdf
Old 08-31-2010, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
HMMM, After some google reading it seems as if MOST thread that is machine sewing is left twist thread.

Maybe this would help.

http://www.ylicorp.com/pdf/tot-brochure.pdf
Thank you!!!
Old 08-31-2010, 05:45 PM

I'm sorry to hear your friend had such a hard time with her machine. It must have been a Monday/Friday machine.

I have a Brother 1500 that I love. I can't tell you how how much it hurt to have someone "trash" my machine before I even had a chance to use it. But I tell you, it's been the best machine ever. And it's with that story that I learned not to ick someone else's woo.

Did your friend ever take it back to the dealership where she got it from to find out what could be wrong with it? I hope it's all better now.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by MzMcKee
I'm sorry to hear your friend had such a hard time with her machine. It must have been a Monday/Friday machine.

I have a Brother 1500 that I love. I can't tell you how how much it hurt to have someone "trash" my machine before I even had a chance to use it. But I tell you, it's been the best machine ever. And it's with that story that I learned not to ick someone else's woo.

Did your friend ever take it back to the dealership where she got it from to find out what could be wrong with it? I hope it's all better now.
Thank you. I also wondered if she took it back to see what was wrong and if it could have been easily fixed. I've been a garment sewer(isit?) for years and have always owned Janomes. I love them!
Old 08-31-2010, 06:13 PM

The Janome is a great machine. I bought the Brother 1500 and love it!! The only reason I didn't buy the Janome is because it was a little more but they are very comparable. I'm sure you'll love your machine as much as I love mine :)
Old 08-31-2010, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by MzMcKee

AMEN to that. I also have a Brother 1500 and read many reviews some good some not so good, but I have had a cheapo brother for several years and NEVER had a problem out of it. So I chose to buy another brother. I have not had a problem out of it either despite problems that others have had. Its like buying a car, some like Ford, some like Dodge, others Chevy, some even prefer foreign models. lol But in reality someone has had a problem with EVERY make!
Old 08-31-2010, 06:18 PM

Thank you! I think there are so many great machines out there. I'm glad you're happy with yours. I know I'll love mine too. :)