Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: length of ties on tied quilt

I've used 6 strand DMC for tying. I keep my ends around an inch long and also use a surgeon's knot. They never come undone. My DD still has the quillow I made for her many years ago and it's been washed and used a lot. Still holding together.
    Wendy in VA

If I had a dollar for every time I got distracted I wish I had some ice cream.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GailG View Post
    Another thing I have done in the past is use a decorative stitch (such as a circle, a little duck, or a star as the "tie." I just marked the quilt top and at each point, did the decorative stitch and went on until all were done. Then I cut threads. This worked well with baby quilts. Their little fingers didn't get caught in the "fuzzies."
    I like this idea. I had asked my aunt to let me do just that and she said that she wanted yarn ties
    Nancy in western NY

I like mine shorter also. I have used yarn but embroidery thread seems to work much better for me.
    Fran
    http://franciesboutique.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Hmmm, i tied a king size quilt with embroider thread. surgeon's knot. they started coming undone a bit. i had to removed all those and tie again with yarn. that stuff stays! I've not tried embroider thread again although i prefer the look better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2