Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lesson I learned about pebble quilting

Blog Entries
    sometimes lighting at an angle helps....wonder if superior thread could come up with something like the ironaway or wateraway product that is used for quilt marking pens only on the thread...guess I will e-mail them an ask

actually they read quilting board ....laughing....they will see it here first

What is pebble quilting?

LOL Okay ladies, I will remember this post when I am quilting.

LOL - thank you for sharing!

Blog Entries
    I have a small LED light that I bought for less than $25 that sticks on my machine. It has an adjustable goose neck that can be positioned right on the area I am sewing in. I can see every little stitch. It is really powerful. LOOve it. Can also stretch the neck out to shine on my quilt to see to rip.

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice to have thread like that???

What a great idea! But there will be the naysayers saying it will be full of chemicals and ruin my quilt in a hundred years. LOL
    In 100 years they'll be there to be upset?????

You can use a black light. Also, use the sunlight. There are perfect times of day to quilt where you won't strain your eyes so much. In the evenings, the sun shines into the quilting room so all I see is the quilting. I love it. Of course, I close the window back up when I'm done. Make sure to take breaks. I love the look of pebbling, but it kills my wrists. Micro handles will be a must in the future.
    enjoy your life...it's the only one you have!!!
    Heather

I just finished a king size quilt with alot of black - I did cirles on the black -WHY !!!-never again.........

Blog Entries
    Pebble Quilting is FMQ in the shape of pebbles (or uneven circles of different sizes).

You could draw the shapes with the blue marking pens and then follow along the outline. That would help with visibility but it would also add some time.
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

Right on, BellaBoo! Some of these folks need to read an old, old book titled The Hidden Persuaders, by Vance Packard. As in "Pall Mall filters the smoke further." Yeah, for the first puff. Of course, that was a long time ago.
    Now people are afraid of used dryer sheets and won't use them as foundations for string quilts because "they are full of chemicals." No they aren't. Most of the chemicals that were orginally in them are now in the clothes that were in the dryer with them--and you are wearing them right now. My mantra for my high school students was "USE A LITTLE
    SENSE!" froggyintexas
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice to have thread like that???

What a great idea! But there will be the naysayers saying it will be full of chemicals and ruin my quilt in a hundred years. LOL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast