Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Let Twist

Is there a tut for Twisted.... Can't find it . saw a christmas wreath and also wall hangings they looked pretty neat. Bought book and ruler tool and tried it....just don't get it. It said to use 5 in charm square...so I cut 5 in squares. had daffodil fabric....and made a 4 patch...light bulb maybe just came on!!!! I put 4 squares together to make a block and bordered it as the directions said, but maybe I was suppose to make 4... 5 in blocks in a row. When I did the square couldn't use some of them. Wondering if u have to do it in a row....HELP...Thanks

pm'd you

Blog Entries
    Hey, if you have secrets about the twister, you need to share. LOL I haven't tried it yet, but want all the info I can before I start. Yours in your avatar is beautiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by mommamac
    pm'd you

Quote Originally Posted by PegD
    Hey, if you have secrets about the twister, you need to share. LOL I haven't tried it yet, but want all the info I can before I start. Yours in your avatar is beautiful.
    pm'd you
    I did most of my Twister projects using the trial & error method but will be willing to do a tute this month sometime.

Blog Entries
    That would be wonderful. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by PegD
    pm'd you
    I did most of my Twister projects using the trial & error method but will be willing to do a tute this month sometime.

Blog Entries
    YES! Please do a tute for us!! Can't wait!!

I just finished my first twister today. I started small with a table runner. Made it 7 charms long and 3 across with a 3" border. Pretty simple

Please share!! I got the tool this past weekend and want to make something for my mom, but not going to lie, I am kind of intimidated!

This link gives a tutorial. It is an easy tool to use once you see it.
    http://modalissa.blogspot.com/2010/0...-not-game.html

Quote Originally Posted by glassnquilts
    This link gives a tutorial. It is an easy tool to use once you see it.
    http://modalissa.blogspot.com/2010/0...-not-game.html
    Thanks - this tutorial is easy to follow so that lets me off the hook. You all should be ready to 'twist'! The tute shows a wallhanging. A table runner would have a 7x3 grid. Pot holder 2x2. A wreath has a 5x5 grid & the trick is placement of colors to get a circle. Remember to put a 3" border around your grid of 5" squares on all projects. A good thing to remember is sew each row as you cut so things don't get mixed up. These are done with the Lil Twister (3 1/2" template)
    Try it, you'll like it! I have 'chatted' a couple board members through their projects so feel free to PM me if you have questions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast